PDA

View Full Version : englebright

fat_fish
09-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey Sniffers,

I am taking my step dad fishing there on thursday. *Where are the good spots to troll? *I have *dr's, a fish finder, & an electric trolling motor on my 14' alum. *How is the wind usually after 3:30 pm? *I would like to put him on some fish (especially those beautiful browns). *Also, which ramp and how much to launch? *I was gonna use dodgers and crawlers on one dr., naked needlefish on the other dr., and topline flashers and crawlers w/ lead core off of the back. *Should I try rapalas? *How deep on the dr's? *I've never fished w/him, and this is his 1st time on my boat so I would like to impress him. *Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is my 1st time there.

Thanks,
ff

stagger_lee
09-24-2008, 05:06 AM
Englebright has been kinda hit and miss the last couple of weeks, for me anyway. Our last trip was Sept 16. We took three Browns and two Bows on the dodger/crawler combo and the small Dave Davis Halfast
blades with crawlers, mostly between Longs point and Bucks Beach.
The wind started up about 10:30 and by 11:30 was hard to control the boat at trolling speeds so we left at noon. I like the Joe Miller Ravine launch ramp and the day use fee is only $4...........Good fishin' to you and your Dad..........let us know !

lildude
09-24-2008, 05:44 AM
I fish Englebright all the time, last time was Sat. the 20th. Boston Bar and up for me has been the best. Trolling up the arm has not been as good as trolling back down the arm. Flashers and nightcrawlers are the only thing that is working for me lately. 150' out at 1.2 -1.4 mph. The bite seems to stop at around 9:30. I have been catching alot more browns than usual. Not alot of size but plenty of spunk.
GOOG LUCK and be sure and post for all of us.

J2K7
09-24-2008, 06:01 AM
Dodger/crawler always worked for me. I didn't try to go to the far end with just an electric trolling motor. I did pretty good on top along the right shore just after you turn right out of the marina, at .8 to 1.2 mph. Sometimes in front of the dam can be decent until the wind picks up...usually at 20' to 30'.

fat_fish
09-24-2008, 09:53 AM
thanks guys...will try all those tips and report back w/pics.

ff