PDA

View Full Version : lake davis

captn-tin
09-16-2008, 06:00 AM
anything going on at lake davis? any tips like best hours to fish, best lures,bait, depth etc. will be going up there the 17th thru 26th. any advice appreciated. thanks....captn-tin

crappieman67
09-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Hello, captn-tin
I don't have any info on Davis right now, I was up there in July fished davis and Gold lake basin area. At Davis I got 6 trout each day (sat & Sun) Launched out of camp 5 and as soon as I got just past the weed line and there were alot, bam fish on a nice healthy 2 lber, got another 5 mins after same size. I was using a chrome castmaster about 4 to 5' down. I trolled around the Island for a couple of more fish. Then the wind came up around 9:30 or so, so I decided to anchor up off tip of the Island and there I hook into the bigest trout of the weekend a nice 17 1/2" about 3 lbs off of power bait with a 5' leader, like I said alot of weeds out there at that time.

Also went up to Gold Lake basin area and Fished salmon for several fish, Like 15 ea day C&R of course. All small 9 to 14" Brown and rainbow trout on a cast master, trolling. Hit any on of those lake and you will do good.

I look forward for your reports, I'll be going up there After the Pyramid Fest in Oct 10, 11 & 12th, then lake davis from the 12th thru the 20th. Look for my reports I will be posting Daily from Grayeagle.

Good Luck to you, and please let me know what pattern they are hitting, If you don't want to tell me on the report then PM me ;D ;D

Also you can look at this websites or call them
http://www.dollardsmarket.com/fishing.html
Davis Lake
As of 9/16/08
Reports indicate that fishing has been good and that there have been a number of people fishing.
For more information contact the Mohawk Ranger Station at (530) 836-2575.

captn-tin
09-16-2008, 02:43 PM
crappieman67....check your pm

Pyramid_Kid
09-16-2008, 03:38 PM
This info is from the 12th of Sept.

LAKE DAVIS: Fishing from shore continues to be somewhat slow and inconsistent; those fishing from boats have had higher fish counts. However, the fishing continues to improve as the water temperature cools, the water temperature being close to 65 degrees last week. Early on the water is the best bet for the fly fishers. Be on the water by 7:30 a.m. and you will not only find that the fish are coming in close to shore, but you will find that they are rising within casting range. They seem to head for slightly deeper water around mid morning. Web site: dollardsmarket.com. E-mail: dollards@psln.com.

/me

crappieman67
09-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Pyarimd Kid,
Will you be at Pyarmid for the Fest?, I look forward to meeting you, I will be with tyroflies, Cuhogn and Bouy 33

Thank you for your response

Pyramid_Kid
09-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Your quite welcome. Im only doing what you would do. While Davis isnt my home lake to fish it is close and I know where to get pretty reliable reports.

I plan on being at the fest. The only thing that would keep me from going is if my sons basic training graduation falls on that weekend.

crappieman67
09-17-2008, 07:25 AM
well I look forward to meeting you at the Fest. We have a place in Grayeagle and I will be fishing up there alot, from now on. I can't wait to do some Ice fishing this year, I haven't done that since I left washington state. I'm still trying to gather as much Information from the area, it's a little hard when there not alot of activity, or reports from the area.

Anyways, I'll be sure to let you know when I'm up there, maybe we could hook up and do some fishing. I will be a vaction from OCT 10th thru the 20th. Oct 10,11 & 12 I'll be at the fest, then heading down to Grayeagle on the night of the 12th thru the 20th. Let me know, can't wait to fish Davis again :D :D :D :D