PDA

View Full Version : Hello fishsniffers!(trout)

bayareafishermen
09-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Well,My cousin invited me to go fishing for trout at tahoe.I really havent fished out there.I usally fish for them out her in the bay.Is there any difference on how to catch them there at tahoe? what kind of bait they like or where they are located.Since it is cold out there.Im heading out there next week friday -sunday.Going to go camping out there.So Please give me the infos So I know once I get up there,I know what I'm doing.Thank you.Good luck to everyone.

FISHON!

B.A.F.

stonesfan
09-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Hey B.A.F. Same as Bay Area Lakes, just much nicer scenary......

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

Mackattack
09-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Do you have a boat or plan on banking. Tahoe is not known as a shoreline place. But you never know. The best for that would be NV side at one of the parks. Check out NDOW for planting info. I would take a guide trip for best results. good luck.

Mackattack

Mickey_Thomas
09-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Bring your minnow trap ;)

HighStreamsLvr
09-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Mack, Guides are great, but they cost about $500.00 to 800.00 an outing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which, to me, is utterly rediculous.... ;) :o

johnbfishin
09-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Mack, Guides are great, but they cost about $500.00 to 800.00 an outing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which, to me, is utterly rediculous.... ;) :o

That may sound like it on the surface but....
If you own and operate a boat, license, insurance, tackle.....$500 is a cheap date in comparison.

Jetspray
09-13-2008, 05:09 AM
JB I agree, I figure all of my fish go for about $2,000 a pound.....Jetspray

ric1ric
09-13-2008, 06:14 AM
I think that is a boat price split with 2 or 3 more fishermen it is not bad
and your chances will greatly improve.

nvtroller
09-13-2008, 06:33 AM
I think Gene only charges about $130.00 not near 500 or 600 as stated. I would think guides usually make a party price as well. You may want to check him out he is on the guide list here on the sniffer. anybody can list a price in a blog - just check with the actual guide for straight info. Have a blast whatever you decide to do and tight lines.
troller ;)

bayareafishermen
09-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Im going to go on shore.THey said they are hiking to this lake that is far and has brown trouts they said So Im not sure.I just need to know if its like the bay and you guys said yes just scenary.Im excited because I havent been on a camp out fishing trip at all its always a couple of hours.So im hapy I can wait and Ill definately take pictures of everybody catching fish."Ill try"If Im near by them.So assuming power bait and the rubber power balls are good baits?Im not that good in kastmaster how is that or any oth lures.

Antonio_Banderas
09-13-2008, 08:55 AM
So you are going to fish at a lake near Tahoe but not Lake Tahoe?

I am a shore fisherman. I usually take a battery of different baits and stuff with me. For powerbait, get the chartreuse or rainbow color and sink it off the bottom. I don't generally fish on the top with a bobber or anything unless I can see the fish feeding on the surface. I always go deep, especially during the day when the sun is fully out in that clear water. For lures, pick up a few kastmasters, maybe some roostertails. Roostertails are light but you can always crimp a tiny splitshot right about the lure to add casting weight and it doesn't effect the action. Unless the fish are surface feeding, make sure to let your lures sink a bit, you want them to get down below the surface as much as you can without snagging. It should be getting cold up there so the fish will be active. Have fun!

bayareafishermen
09-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Im going to fish tahoe/nevada but a little bit towards nevada more.So im going to be on the other side of the state more out there.