PDA

View Full Version : Union Valley Reservoir

FISHIN_BUDDY
09-12-2008, 08:14 AM
I'm going camping / fishing at UVR this weekend. Looking for some suggestions on how to fish it, what part of the lake would give me a better chance of hook up. I will be using a aluminum boat, no DR's. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Vic

backbrace17
09-12-2008, 08:27 AM
I was there a couple of wks ago and the koks were at 80' and the macks were at 90'+. All fish were caught at the dam but there was a big school of macks in front of the ramp next to the dam. Probably can jig for them.

Good luck!

dfective1
09-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Can you say downriggers..... I think your going to need them ....IMO.. [smiley=snacker.gif] * *Ice house might be a better bet again IMO *[smiley=fishing5.gif]

backbrace17
09-12-2008, 09:20 AM
There were a couple of boats toplining, but they said its very slow. Try jiggin for the macks. Loon and Icehouse are near by.

Going camping and boating/fishing with your family is priceless! Catching fish is secondary.

FISHIN_BUDDY
09-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the quick replies.

What would be a good jigging set up...?

I have some small white 1.5"?? tubes, would that work??

Thanks again. :)

Vic

JMat
09-12-2008, 01:36 PM
I was there last week fishing for kokes and noticed a few trout hitting the surface at first light. *So I would say toplinging early or late should work. *Threaded crawler behind a sidekick about 100' back just might work.

JMat

backbrace17
09-12-2008, 01:40 PM
You are going 90-100' deep so you will need some weight. Mega bite makes small iron that may do the trick. Nightcrawler might be your best bet for the macks if you don't have jigs.

Jason
09-12-2008, 03:19 PM
I don't fish Union Valley much, but you might have better luck at Ice House or Loon. I was at Ice house last Saturday and we had 9 fish and lost about that many. Toplining a half mini-crawler and a dodger should work. No real color dodger worked and sidekicks did not work.

LD
09-13-2008, 08:01 AM
Toplining a half mini-crawler and a dodger should work. No real color dodger worked and sidekicks did not work.
Just a suggestion, and it works for me.
Go short on the leader, I usually run no more than 10", and have run down to 7" with sometimes very good luck.
Watermelon, or Rainbow trout colors are the hot ticket...
One more thing, a slow troll, 1-1.2 is a good speed for that set-up.