PDA

View Full Version : Spalding Launch Ramp - Eagle Lake

cornfused
09-10-2008, 09:22 AM
I received a call last night from a friend Rudi who lives in Spalding. *He told me that the ramp currently has issues which will make it difficult to launch larger boats. *He indicated that some boats are now having to back off the end of the concrete ramp to get the boat in the water, and are having problems hanging up on the 1 ft. plus drop off at the end of the ramp. *The locals have tried to dump some rock at the end of the ramp, but they are still apparantly having problems. *He recently purchased a small aluminum boat just so he could still launch and fish. *Rudi told me he thought I would have problems launching my 20' boat. *

Two weekends ago, other than having to trim the outboard way up, I had no problems launching. Its a bummer things changed so quickly.

I would appreciate any firsthand knowledge anyone else has regarding the Spalding launch. *Had hoped to get back up there one or two more times this fall with some friends :(.

Majakat
09-10-2008, 09:58 AM
We launched our 19' boat 1 week ago there with no problems, at all, I am really surprised to hear this!

we launched at the eagle lake marina as well, as recently as this last sunday -

cornfused
09-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Majakat, thanks for the info. I was surprised also since two weekends ago it was fine.

VVBob, if your up there any time soon can you give us an update?

Thanks, Pat

vvbob
09-12-2008, 02:12 PM
I have a slip in the marina...I am using my electric bow mounted trolling motor to get in & out. It's a mine field dodging the rocks. Water is maybe 2-2.5 deep.

cornfused
09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Bob, thanks for the update. Hope the fishing is as good for you as it was a couple weeks ago.

Pat

tinytrout
09-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Goin up middle of Oct, thank god I have my own private boat launch and dock.