PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for Caples?

JPFX
09-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Going to Caple next week for a day from shore. I have never been there. Any advice on how to fish for the trout/brookies? Bobber? Powerbait w/sliding sinker?

SuperDave
09-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Are you aware that is has been drained down and fish relocated to near by lakes?

JPFX
09-11-2008, 07:53 AM
I knew they were draining it but the article in yesterdays Stockton record said there is still water there and lots of fish.

Jetspray
09-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Just make sure you have some boots for the muddy bottom. It looks like they are working on the launch and I hope it improves next year. Gotta get up there myself with the metal detector before it snows again......Jetspray

fat_fish
09-11-2008, 03:12 PM
try nearby red for brookies. was @ caples 2 days ago for nothing.

ff

cgagex3
09-11-2008, 03:49 PM
The brookies in Red are some of the best tasting fish you will find. The spillway end of Caples is getting low. There are still a lot of fish in the lake, I would try the dam end there are a few spots in rocky area that may not be to muddy to walk down.
They pulled so few of the beasts out of there that we all know there are still some monster fish left. I have seen 3 ft macs swim by under foot in my toon before and they didn't pull many of them out.
On a side note I took my crawdad trap with me last time, they are running out of water too. Pulled out a couple dozen in 4 hours for a great start to a seafood gumbo that night.
[smiley=lobster.gif] [smiley=chowtime.gif]

CG