PDA

View Full Version : Snag Lake (Sierra Co. Lakes Basin) July 19

piscolabis
07-24-2008, 08:52 PM
(My wife and brother-in-law got me to go up for a quick trip with out of town relatives.)
Snag Lake has been planted with Rainbow Trout. I reported last week that there was a massive heat wave die-off some years ago and wasn't sure of the fish survival.
We caught and released 19 trout and about 10 (10!!!) small 6-8" catfish (catfish!!!). All the trout were rainbows 9.5-13" (6 yrs. ago there were only Brook Trout in this lake). I was using #8 Black Crystal Buggers and light Olive Crystal Buggers (12 fish) from a kayak. Brother-in-law was using worms from shore, and he caught most of the catfish. My nephew caught a few catfish and trout using Thos. Buoyant gold and red, and worms from a kayak.
We fished from 2-3:45 pm.
Tom

billfisher
07-25-2008, 09:33 AM
That is a small but pretty lake. Its nice to hear there is some fishing there again.

Thanks for reporting.

Mackattack
07-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Glad to hear that there is fish in Lakes Basin again. My wife and I were camped at Snag Lake for a few days and hit all the other beatifull lakes up there for nada but very nice area to visit if not for just photo ops as I took 50 or so.

Mackattack [smiley=fishing5.gif]