PDA

View Full Version : Stumpy meadows

skank_bait
07-21-2008, 09:04 PM
HI all taking my nefews fishing for the first time this weekend!! I'm locat3ed in the Sacramento area. Was wondering if anyone had any news on stumpy meadows. I do great there trolling but have yet to back fish The boys are 3 & 5 bwould love to have there first fishing trip be fun for them any suggestion would be great thanks!!

LD
07-22-2008, 10:26 AM
As far as I am concerned, you can't go too wrong with a sliding sinker and an inflated crawler.
A couple of weeks ago, I had kept 2 bleeders that both had chartruse power eggs in them... ;)
Perhaps a crawler and egg combo?? ;D

skank_bait
07-22-2008, 07:43 PM
thanks for the info Hoping to the action is good enough to keep the little guys interested. Or for that matter they each at least get to catch there first fish ! :D

-king_fisher-
07-22-2008, 10:52 PM
im not sure about stumpy meadows, but the rubicon river up the road is doing good. just make sure theres nobody to scare the fish away for you! grr... there you can find some of the "brown/rainbow hybrids" haha

GCinGV
07-24-2008, 06:57 AM
I took the grandkids yesterday. Only managed one small bow and a couple other bites on a crawler/power bait combo by the spillway. My Granddaughter was picking the Power Bait colors; Rainbow glitter got all the bites.
Had planned to fish near the parking lot but opted not to pay the $13.00 day use and parking permit. Seems kinda steep for Stumpy, especially if youíre just shore fishing.
The morning was fairly clear but about 10:00 lots of smoke started rolling in from the canyons.
On a side note the ramp looks to be still useable for bigger boats but barely.

skank_bait
07-24-2008, 07:06 AM
thanks again for the info! Are you telling me they have a fee now for the parking lot and boat launch area? The only time I thought you had to pay is staying over night . I've never payed to fish for the day there !

LD
07-24-2008, 08:13 AM
The only time I thought you had to pay is staying over night . I've never payed to fish for the day there !
I think skank bait is right on that one...
Or I am in big trouble... ;D

stagger_lee
07-24-2008, 10:54 AM
I have'nt been to Stumpy since last year. When did they start the $13 day use fee ? Never had to pay in the past ! Or am I wrong ?

kidfish
07-24-2008, 03:45 PM
There is no fee at Stumpy ,fished there with my son yesterday from boat , easy limits for both of us , he lost a third limit on sdr's and ldr's , fish 9 to 12" 20% of them had copeapods ,all fish where c&r .

skank_bait
07-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks for all the feed back .The boys are to young to handle trolling but hopfully we can have some good luck from shore

GCinGV
07-25-2008, 06:34 AM
I may be mistaken about the day use fee. I just saw the Iron Ranger and the sign that said $13.00 and please place sticker on windshield. The sign really doesnít differentiate between camping, launching or day use, I think it just said fee area.
A few years ago they tried to use a contractor to collect launch fees but he looked so un-official no one would give him any money. I hadnít been there in a while so I just assumed they just replaced him with the Iron Ranger.
Gary