PDA

View Full Version : Stampede

Thunderr_Crew
07-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey guys,

Planning to camp out at Stampede this coming weekend with a couple of buddies. I've never fished or camped at this lake before and was wondering if anyone had any tips for me. I've done some research and looks like most people fish off a boat with downriggers. Since we dont have a boat....how is the fishing on shore? Any good areas on the lake for shorefishing? Also, what bait or lures should we use? Thanks in advance for any info!

CHICKFISHING58
07-21-2008, 12:11 PM
You might want to post this on the koc board ;)

SuperDave
07-21-2008, 12:16 PM
You might want to post this on the koc board ;)

Why? Koke fishing from shore? ;D Plenty of Rainbows and Browns available from shore. I know Krazy even caught a bunch of Macs from the shore at the dam. I, on the other hand, have never caught squat at this lake.

Thunderr_Crew
07-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the info guys! Are there any lakes around there that is decent for trout fishing from the bank? We have reservations to camp there but can drive to surrounding lakes.

tinytrout
07-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Went to Stampede this time last year and the campgrounds were motorhome city. Went to the lake to launch the boat at 5:30 in the morning and had to stop at this make shift booth in the middle of the road and pay another 4 dollars to lanch the boat. After launching the boat and fishing for about a half an hour here come the jet skis and ski boats and of course they had to converge around us. Some people have no respect for anyone. I was so discusted I loaded the boat which took a while as I had to wait for these people to try to back there boats down the ramp (how funny to watch) I went to my camp loaded our stuff and got out of there. Maybe bank fishing would be ok but I just don,t see any fish hanging around the shore as the lake looked like an oceon with all the boat traffic. Good Luck!
Tiny Trout

GOLDENTROUT
07-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Float worms and use rainbow power bait. Also try count downs at the dam for small mouth. Or just below the over look at the dam about 100' from shore is a hole that holds macks.
Tight lines GT.

danlbee
07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
try near the dam with a slider sinker and inflated worms early morning late night. also boca resivoir where the river comes in on either side. good luck.

mjkielty
07-22-2008, 07:10 PM
I do not shore fish, but if I were you, I would consider taking a short ride (maybe 45 minutes) to Lake Davis and fish from shore. Otherwise, you may want to contact Keith Kerrigan of Sierra Anglers Guide Service who will certainly put you on kokes and Macks at Stampede.

MJK