PDA

View Full Version : Bear River Reservoir

Captainlady
07-13-2008, 05:30 PM
We are going to Bear River Reservoir Tuesday. Does anyone have any info on this place? We've never been before. :)

justme
07-14-2008, 11:55 AM
I have only fished that lake once. We trolled all day using every lure in the box. We only caught one fish and that was when the engine died and by the the time we got it going again my friend said I got a fish on the line. When we got off the lake and asked around everyone said the only way to troll that lake is with flashers and a crawler. Now they tell us. :D

Mackattack
07-14-2008, 12:13 PM
There are a few reports from regulars there that have good info. Do a search for them. I think they were about a month or two ago ?

Mackattack ;)

hellbent
07-14-2008, 12:21 PM
What amazes me about that lake is the fact that it is literally a puddle in the winter. I cannot imagine too many fish surviving the winter in there...it makes sense when i go back to troll and get zip. I hear it harbors -and has produced some big boys, but not for me. The campgrounds get packed, so if solitude is your gig....be wary!

Mackattack
07-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Just up the Hy isd Silver and Caples Lake if you have no luck at Bear !

Mackattack

tinytrout
07-14-2008, 03:24 PM
I have fished Bear twice from boat early in the season and the fishing was poor. I have heard of big fish coming out of there but the people I have talked to there are either not fishermen or are not willing to give a straight answer on the fishing in the lake. I would try Silver ot Caples.

-king_fisher-
07-14-2008, 05:15 PM
crickets work well, ive heard that using a silver kastmaster from the banks is all really great for that lake.

The_Big_Sinus
07-15-2008, 12:58 PM
I've caught ton's of fish in there, try drifting worms under a slip-bobber by the dams in the early AM and late PM. Or you can catch some crawdads and drift the small, soft-shell ones. Most of the fish I've caught are in the 12"-14" range.

BTW- at minimum "puddle" stage, the lake is still over 100' deep in places... Plenty of holdovers, and every year macks and browns over 15# are caught...