PDA

View Full Version : Okie took me fishing............

Mr_Ed
07-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Drove to Stead and we were on the road at 6am.
On the water at 7:30 am, water temp 71 degrees and
the weeds were 3feet tall at the dock in 4 feet of water.
Long day,finished up at 3pm with the heat and the wind,
I needed someting cold............. ;D ;D

Will let Okie add all the "Color"...............I just took pictures and
netted fish. * Hay Doc, I did good, got them all !! *Best net job was near the motor, which I hope Okie will mention.

http://i38.tinypic.com/2gt0umf.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/9tocn6.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/10gy428.jpg

vito
07-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Great pics and post. Way to hook up a fellow sniffer Okie. Looks like a great dinner in store for both of you. That is the first photo I have ever seen of someone hooked up using flashers. I have two sets that I throw on every once in awhile - never caught a fish with them though.

okie
07-09-2008, 04:36 PM
tks ed for the unforgettable day on the water, the only problem we had at davis was the bugs, gnats or what ever they were, in out eyes, ears and mouths. caught 6, 14" to 18" and i missed 4 or 5 big ones.
1 of the 18" didnt want to come in, got to the back of the boat, took out line, went down and around the motor, 'speedy ed' got to the key and shut it off before catching the line in the prop, finally got it from around the prop and ed had it in the net, best netter i've met. got hot and smokey so had to leave.
a lot of fish were snakin on the top, we saw all kinds of bugs on the water, even crikets. dont think i want to go again until they put their fires out.
thanks again ed, you are always a pleasure to spend the day with.
bill

okie
07-09-2008, 04:43 PM
vito, dont let ed fool you, he put me on the fish, at his age i cant believe he remembers all that stuff. flashers w/ wedding rings w/ worms was the magic today, all except 1 was caught on wr's, pink and green were the colors, the 1 was caught on a pink apex w/worm. my eyes are still butning/watering from the smoke.

Kneedeep
07-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Nice pictures ED, never knew you could use a net, you were always reeling in the fish when you were fishing with me. [smiley=winkfs.gif]

Good job Bill, your becoming a threat to the fish population. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

tinytrout
07-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Nice fish! good to see the lake coming back.
Tiny Trout

zhands
07-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Really great pictures Ed....what no video
Glad you Sniffers had a great trip. The fish are huge. If anyone was going to get it done you were. Looks like net issues only arise when I'm on your boat * ;D

Way to reel'm in Okie, glad you were able to see some action after last weekend.. *:) *Hope you brought Ed a muffin. *:-?

Great report Ed and Okie, I'll have to write down that info for when I get my truck pointed in that direction. Glad to know I don't have to be there at dark:30

Z

CHEESECAKELADY
07-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Great report and pics Ed and Bill. Glad you had such a great day at Davis. It sure looks like things are starting to pick up as far as the fishing goes there. Sure wish there wasn't so much smoke and so many fires burning though.

Dee

Captain Compassion
07-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Way to go guys. Finally a upbeat fishing story from Davis. Nice trouts and pics.

CC

metalmouth
07-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Nice job guys. We could have used some pics of the bugs for the entomology test tomorrow! Thanks for the pics and report.

MM

red_perception
07-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Glad to hear you guys had a good day! Thought that first pic was going to be a whopper. Congrats again and good luck, Eric :)

Berryessa Kid
07-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Nice job on the fish Ed and Okie!!!! Sounds like a great time, minus the smoke. I am gettin pretty tired of it as well. Sure am thankful for firefighters.....

okie
07-10-2008, 05:21 AM
bk, yes the smoke was bad, my throat is sore, i am a mouth breather, after 45 yrs of smoking,not in good health, old age, my gife gives me hell for going out like that. didn't sleep to good last night so she said it will be awhile before i go out again. she sometimes lets her mind wander. i tell her that i wear the pants in this house, then she reminds me that thats right, but she still tells me how to put them on. with the hi temps and smoke, i think i will lay low for awhile.
bill

ken_fishnfool
07-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Good one guys! Those are some healthy lookin fish!!

Any time spent fishing with okie is GOOD TIMES!!! ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

CHICKFISHING58
07-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Great job guys [smiley=cheerleader.gif]

Ed,
You do surprise everyone for such an old fart [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Okie,
You better listen to your SISTERHOOD :D ;D

Mr_Ed
07-10-2008, 11:08 AM
MM;

I might have taken a picture of the little fly hatch that was all over the underside of my boat top, but I did not have my "Acme" supper duper Micro zoom lens, with me. All I know was they were 1/8" long, tan and
"Millions" of the little buggers !!

Some looked like misquito *larva with the two fuzzy feelers, did not see any caddis or may flys.

I did not know, that you were a bug freek, too !!