PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chabot

Trout_FINatic
07-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Has anyone fished Lake Chabot lately? I havent seen any reports. I went this past Thursday and it was dead as heck. Didn't catch anything but it was definitely relaxing and what i needed. Life has been crazy so I havent been on here or fishing for a while :( I heard the morning bite is good until the water temp rises as the sun comes up. Any info or anything would be appreciated. I should be out there a couple times this coming week and will post a few reports.

GoneCountry
07-05-2008, 05:41 AM
Its pretty much done for trout for the summer
that lake was fair to stubborn the regulars that hit it have their secret spots and bait, but for the rest of us it was a very tough year. I was able to fish it 3 times this year and have about 12 fish to show for it notbad really, they have a trout derby which i dont know what happened as there were not many posts at all. But a big plus is your right the place gives ya a chance to recharge your batteries in this hectic world. Good luck and maybe Ill see ya in the fall there.....................

NorCal2500HD
07-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Went up there Friday morning.....got to the lake eraly. The ranger showed up early thinking there would be a long line, so we paid and started Hiking. I had 2 fish by about 730. 1 was 13" the other was about 10"...buddy caught a nice 11" at about 745 and it was dead until about 930 when he caught another 11".....headed out at about 1145 and the picnic area was a zoo...