PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 7-4

Trout Tracker
07-05-2008, 06:36 AM
My 6 year old nephew has caught the fishing bug which i think is a good thing.He has been wanting me to take him fishing and has been very persistant about letting me know.
So me,Codys Dad,and Cody were on the water at Pardee by close to 7:00 and trolled out of the rec cove with no takers.
Went up river to the last brown room where the dad and cody fished off the platform while i trolled a big circle .Scoped alot of fish but nothing.
Trolling back towards the dam we ended up catching a 14-16'' cat fish on a silver dodger /crawler set up.I let Cody reel it in and he got a big kick out of that.
When i seen it was a cat i was a bit surprised.
We changerd from dodgers to flashers and went to the dam where we caught 3 trout with in about an hour at 3 colors in the water.It was kinda cramped being in a 14ft Valco but we made it happen and had a blast.Cody was just amazed with the fishfinder and had a million questions about it.
I thought it was going to be a major problem with him cause the kid is real active and always has to be doing something.But to my surprise he did real good and wasent a major problem.We could have done better as far as catching more fish,My main focus was that my Nephew had a good time and he got to reel in fish which he did and had a blast doing it.
When we were at the dock loading the boat Cody was telling the whole world he caught 3 fish,tickeld me to death.
All n all this was the best 4th iv'e had in a long time.
Sorry for such a long post.
Bob

steveo79
07-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Nice. Kids can really appreciate the simple pleasures in life, like just reeling in a fish. Good stuff, and helps to keep you grounded too.

Another_Mike
07-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Bob.....sometimes an inflated nite-crawler dropped in some of the deeper holes near the log jam (upriver from the last outhouse) will do the trick this time of year. ;)

aquaman
07-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Way to make the trip for the kids!!! Now they will be hooked for life.