PDA

View Full Version : Pincrest 6/21

HOOF
06-22-2008, 02:44 PM
HOLY PEOPLE BATMAN :)..Now I know why I only hit pincrest from fall till spring...At any rate caught and realesed *lots of typical pincrest rainbows after the storm-was pretty intense-actually had to beach to wait out the lighting.Once thunderheads passed it was still windy but wind was warm and fish seemed a little mad...Inlet was PACKED....Any fisherpeople going up during summer do it at the crack of dawn or wait till eve.bite

Chadzilla
06-22-2008, 04:06 PM
I fished the lake for just a couple hours Friday and couldn't believe the number of boats anchored around the inlet combined with all the bank fisherman. I can only imagine what it must have been like Saturday.

I fished the South Fork below the dam Saturday until noon... started getting cloudy and windy so I decided to get outta there before the storm started dropping those bolts down.

acm4bass
06-29-2008, 06:12 AM
6/22 to 6/23

Trolling is unproductive, Perhaps not normally but during my trip.

All the activity is at the inlet packed morning 6am- 8pm at least.

caught several fish, easily able to limit 80 percent of the fish are very small planters 8" or so. My biggest two fish were a 15" 1lb and a 14" 14 oz.

The baitfishermen were using salmon eggs or powerbait in the top 15' and having the most productive catch. The trout were swalowing the treble hooks and many many fish died. The bottom of the inlet covered in small trout bodies.

I was using in line spinners like panther martins and rosstertails, and was lipping them and required my net on all but two of them.Seemed like they like gold or yellow patterns alot. I did not get much action on chrome which is my standard color of choice. I use pro-cure corn scent and seemed to help.

The prize is a wary brown trout, not often seen at the inlet or anywhere else. Seems the fly fishermen have the advantage here and rumored is a natural spring somewhere near the swimming area is the best spot.

highly recommend renting a slip for multi-day trips..only 15 dollars a day.

Nearby campgrounds seem relatively vacant, my trip was sun-mon and i had my choice in meadowview....and pinecrest had vacancies as well which I'm told is rare.

Apparently, there is a good catfish bite. Nobody on my trip took advantage of that ...too much beer in camp.

Matt_G
06-30-2008, 05:12 AM
I fished Pinecrest this past weekend, as well as the river under the bridge as you come into Strawberry, more fish then I would ever need, Kept a couple for dinner and released the rest. Caught one (trout?) Dark Black on its upper half, and all white on the bottom, any clue? It was in the river.