PDA

View Full Version : Northern Coast

homer
06-17-2008, 06:23 PM
The wife and I are going home this weekend to visit one of our daughters. We'll be in Mckinnleyville. Was thinking of going up to one of the lagoons. Can anyone let us know if any fish are being caught? If the lagoons are not any good I think we'll hit some creeks.

Thanks, homer

homer
06-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Seeing as how no one replied we decided to start with Big Lagoon. Fished Friday morning with the grand kids. No luck in the Lagoon, but the creek in back of the mill they caught 4 small ( 6 to 8 inches ) trout. We went up to Freshwater to give it a try. No luck there. Friday afternoon we went out to the North fork of the Mad River. Fished from Korbel to Henshaw Flats. They caught a bunch of small trout. We keep enough for dinner and headed on back to their house. Got up Saturday morning and went out to Humboldt Bay to fish for perch from the docks. Filled a bucket in about two hours. They wanted to go up to Ruth Lake so off we went. Got there around noon and started fishing by the dam. Fished there for about an hours with no luck. Went to the back end and caught 6 nice trout to 14 inches. Got back home around 9:00 and put the tired fisherkids to bed. Grandma and I had to leave this morning to head back home. We had a great time and are looking forward to our next trip over the mountain.

homer