PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo Reservoir

dartford
05-12-2008, 01:27 PM
My seven year old daughter didn't have school today so I had to take the day off to watch her. We decided to go fishing at San Pablo, fished for about an hour when her disneyland princess hat flew into the lake. Tried to snag it, but too windy. She started to cry so we rented a boat to get the hat. Found it just in time, it was beginning to sink. Bait fished at bobber beach, no luck. Started trolling floating rapalas for an hour, no luck. Switched to deep diver and that was the ticket hook a nice two pounder. Fought like crazy at the boat, came off as I was about to net it. Trolled the dam and scow canyon nothing, went back to bobber beach and wham! I could tell it was a good fish as reeled it in it just came off near the boat. Trolled around for another hour. Then gave up when we got to the dock I noticed the lure was missing a treble hook and the split ring was all distorted. I can't tell how many times I've read
on the boards to change out the hooks and rings on the lures once you buy them. Now I know, don't like the big one get away because some flimsy hardware!

fishmaster
05-12-2008, 03:22 PM
I know the feeling of losing big fish because of flimsy hardware all to well. I switch out the rings to a more heavyduty one and I swap the hooks on my F5 rapalas out to a #6 owner treble. They are sticky sharp.

Hlawatyr
05-12-2008, 07:22 PM
We all learn from our mistakes.goodluck and enjoy the sport.

chagovatoloco
05-13-2008, 09:25 AM
My wife and I fished there yesterday for 3 hours. We had a few good bites and one got three feet from the shore when it spit the hook. I usually fish from Los Vaqueros and the fish seem to hook them self's, these seem more challenging. Or I had an off day either way it was fun to get out and fish. Good weather and a quiet lake.