PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 4/27  Limit

kokemachine83
04-28-2008, 05:25 PM
After spending a day on the Sacramento River, Trolling for Stripers. I thought i should get back to my roots. After hearing reports of some big ones caught down by the dam, had to go see for my self. Got to the ramp at 6:30, went through inspection with no problems. I asked the young kid if any of those things were ever sighted. He said his boss, did see one. Any ways. Back to the report. Started down by the dam. Had two lines out. One at 8' and the other at 15'. Trolled around until 10:30 without one single hit. Wow!! Where are they? So i looked at the finder and saw some fish down around 20' to 29'. Guess i'll try to get them. Then all of sudden my 20' pole just bends in half. Got him to the boat and put him on the scale, it weighed in at 4.2 pounds. Then about 10 minutes later, the other pole at 25' gets slammed. That one weighed 5.5 pounds. So it's starting to look better. Then trolling back towards the ramp. I hooked up again, planter. That was released. Got 5 planters that were released. Most of the little fish were caught down by the narrows. Heading up to Berryessa this coming weekend, to chase down some Kokanee.

Lures: F-7 Rapala's ( Clown, chartreuse/silver, blue/silver)
Speed: 2.0 - 2.4 on the GPS
Depths: 20' - 29'
Scents: Pro-cure gel in Shad and Krill
Area: BIG ones down by the spillway/Dam
Small ones down by the Narrows.

There are some rainbows still in there. I think with the full moon and the weather, it has made it tough. Also everyone knows when there's no breeze on the lake, it can be tough!!! Most of the day, not even a ripple. Until next time.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Here are the two BIG ones...

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/kokemachine/042708004_resized.jpg

Lures of choices...

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/kokemachine/042708007_resized.jpg

stonesfan
04-28-2008, 05:37 PM
With a name like " KOKEMACHINE," what the heck are you doing

with two Nice TROUT, I thought you always threw those back.......LOL

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif] [smiley=sheep.gif]

dave_in_el_dorado
04-28-2008, 06:39 PM
mr. kokemachine....great report :)

you and fishinmike have got into some really nice fish.

freon
04-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Very nice looking fish Robbie, great talking with you too ;)

T-ROY
04-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Robbie, Nice going agin my friend those are some good bows. It looks like I might be a Berryessa all weekend. T-ROY

highlands
04-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Great report. Thanks for the picture of the lures. Are you using anything else on you line or just a snap swivel and lure?

clamkin
04-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Nice looking couple of fish Robbie. We were listening to the blow by blow over at Pardee. A little slow for us Sunday, but got a few tips from PHM and got to check out that beautiful Duck of his.

fishnmike2002
04-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Nice going Robbie. Funny you got them deep, we couldn't get bit at 20 feet.

FishnMike

kokemachine83
04-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Highlands: A really good barrel swivel and a 5' leader. Tied on with a Rapala knot. Takes some some tying that knot. It makes a small loop on the end, so the lure runs freely. Good luck!!!

Fishnmike: I ran those lures all morning in the top 20' and couldn't get one hit. I kept seeing fish down a little deeper. So i went after them. The lake was just flat calm all morning. Looked like a mirror. We all know it just dead up there when that happens. Finally around 10:30 i got a little breeze on the water and that when things started picking up!!! Heading to Berryessa this weekend.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...