PDA

View Full Version : lake berryessa 4/18

danglin_fury
04-18-2008, 04:01 PM
launched at capell ramp at 7:45 and ran to the dam where i thought we would be in the fish big time judging by all the boats that were there.BUT we did not get a bite until 10:00 at which time we got a double header 1 a 13" king at 5 feet deep on a silver flasher with a silver/black needlfish and 2 a 12" rainbow on the surface with a silver dodger and a chrome/blue needlefish.we ended up quiting at 1:00 in the narrows with a total of 10. 1 king and 9 rainbows all on the same gear and depth and returned happily back to there home.i sorta had higher hopes for today but it was mostly just a shake down cruise for my new fishfinder (garmin 160c) that worked perfect for me not to high tech!before my first big weekend at the mighty pyramid. coming up april 25 thru 28 hopefully it goes well i will be watching to see the hot tips from the fellow sniffers to try and learn as much as i can before then.we are staying at crosbys so if anyone is going up that weekend let me know and we can hook up and share info because i will not be able to post until i get home and back to my computer. so hope this helps the berryessa guys.
'

toyboat22
04-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the report.

Berryessa Kid
04-19-2008, 06:17 AM
DF, nice job at Berry ;) And good luck at Pyramid! That trip is right around the corner. I like that feeling, the prep part of a fun trip,
good luck and have fun. Give a post on how you do.

danglin_fury
04-19-2008, 06:42 AM
will do BK. cant wait ordered up my double flutters from kens custom tackle who bye the way was really nice to talk with and we are gassed up (ouch!) and waiting.

vvbob
04-19-2008, 07:09 AM
The red w/black dot T4 flatfish worked well during Snifferfest W/E.

danglin_fury
04-19-2008, 07:50 AM
thanks alot bob i will pick one up