PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle Thursday Afternoon

Woody
03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Fished from 3:30pm till about 7pm caught 9 total all good looking full tail fish, very hard fighting for 12" to 16" fish. We fished the south end for the first hour 4 fish to the boat and 4 LDR's then went to Heron bay for an hour not even a hit. Then back to the south end for 5 more and 2 LDRs. Had 3 teenage boys with me so the music was loud and obnoxious but it didn't seem to hurt the fishing any and the boys had fun.

toplining F-5 Rapalas
Speed 3 to 3.5 MPH
Water temp 60.5f

See you on the water
Woody

ryanerb
03-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Good report. Glad you guys got into some, seems the fish are still holding down there consistently...

fishmaster
03-27-2008, 10:08 PM
I ALWAYS have the radio going. The fish like country music. Will hopefully be out tomorrow.

STRIPER_STEVE
03-28-2008, 04:00 AM
Woody Thanks for all the reports!

dirty3hirties
03-28-2008, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the report Woody. I'll be heading there Sunday....hopefully the fish will still be there. Seems like the fresh stocked ones are hanging out there still. This pattern seems to happen every year right about now. Hope it keeps up :-/

Fishmaster

I ALWAYS have the radio going. The fish like country music. Will hopefully be out tomorrow.

I know you always post reports....just save some for meeeeeeeeeee! ;D You're wrong about country music though....they like the oldies for sure ;)

Actually, on second thought....with all the success you're having, maybe I should DL some country music and give that a whirl. :-? Hmmmmmm . hahhaa.

LJ
03-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Hi Woody, We got out yesterday morning , headed to the south end of the lake ,but there were a few boats out there anchered up in front of the creek inlet and I didn't feel like trying to manuever around them with a bunch of line out the back, so we trolled the other shorline on the south end for an hour or so with no luck and decided to head to the dam. trolled there for 2 dinks and one about 2.5 lbs.. Had several short strikes with a pair of hard take downs. All our action was at 15-20 feet on the downriggers , and again it was with power spins with power bait. I tried some U.L. Pro lures in 3 or 4 colors, with night crawlers for no action, also tried some U.L Glow lures, as well as some excel lures. kept the speed around 1.5 m.p.h. ,it was fairly windy at times, and much colder than last weekend. I have to call John at Uncle Larry's and ask about a good way to keep the PB on these lures, I brought in several lines yesterday with no PB left on them.