PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Report 3/27

HookedForLife
03-27-2008, 09:47 PM
After hearing about those big trout last Saturday, I decided to try Camanche again today to see what it had to offer. Launched from North Shore and dropped my lines in at the Narrows at 9:30 AM. Fished one rod with a shallow running orange grub for surface trout and the other a deep diving crawdad bomber in hopes of a black bass. Action started fast as I picked up two 13" bass on the bomber, followed by a 16" rainbow on the grub in the first hour, then nothing until 1 PM.

I decided to pick up and head for the spillway at 1:30 PM where I had three fish on right away but lost them all. One hit so hard that I lost my fire tiger rapala. Then nothing until 4 PM. I was ready to call it a day when I decided to try the Narrows again. Nothing for an hour, then suddenly a double, two nice 16" trout. I was lucky to land them in the wind. Then nothing for another hour, and then another double, this time one trout and one 15" bass. I couldn't believe it - ended up with 4 nice trout and 3 keeper bass. I am still wondering about how big the fish was that took my Rapala though.

fishnmike2002
03-28-2008, 06:43 AM
Way to stick with it Hooked. Sounds like you had some good action.

FishnMike