PDA

View Full Version : Trout Virgins

209reflex
03-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey,

* * I am taking some trout virgins to catch some trout but I would like for them to have a good experience. *In other words, I want them to catch something. *What lakes around Stockton, CA. do you guys recommend?

happydaddy
03-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Hay 209reflex,
If I was you I would try Lake Amador it's about 30 min. up hywy 88 just befor you get to Jackson The bite is a little slow but if they can hook into one it will hook them on fishing for life. The smallest fish that I have cought out there is about 2.5# Go to the Amador board and read the post there to see what is work. Good luck and give us a post on how you did.

B-RAN
03-13-2008, 02:40 PM
amador would be the best bet ;) i dont think ive gotten skunked there yet ? you are almost gaurenteed a fish ;D

atavuss
03-13-2008, 03:37 PM
actually, Amador is closer to an hour's drive from Stockton (that is how long it takes me towing a boat at 60mph anyway). you also have Comanche, and Pardee in that same general area. you could drive an hour the other way towards Livermore and try Del Valle as well.
are you using a boat or banking it?

Chadzilla
03-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Tough to beat Amador right now.... and there's a good shot at least one of you (if not all) would catch a 4+ pound fish.

cgagex3
03-13-2008, 09:01 PM
With a boat, Camanche, Pardee (soon), Amador.
Bank, any of the three above and don't forget the pond at Camanche if in a tube/toon or on the bank. I have caught fish on every trip into the pond this year.

CG

c-swirl-sean
03-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Roll to Amador! You will be more than happy!
Close and user friendly!
-FTS