PDA

View Full Version : Don Pedro Bows and Kings

DanClark
03-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Been laid up from surgery, back on the water today, was slow but did ok, finished up with three bows 18-19" and two kings 17" all on rolled shad on surface about 150' behind boat, had to go very slow today did not get a hit at regular speed. Best area was mouth of woods creek and six bit glutch no dodgers or flashers. Water temp. 53-54 drgrees and pretty clear.

Dan

Ironhead
03-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Thought you had been quiet. Glad to hear you are back on the water. Glad you found a few fish on Pedro. It should be turning on soon. Thanks for the effort.

Ironhead

steveo79
03-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Nice to hear you are back on the water, catching a few fish has got to help ease the pain, huh? I am looking forward to giving Pedro a go, as well as rolling shad! Didn't think you could get kings without going down deep. Thanks for the info.

fshnjas
03-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Dan,
Thanks for the report. Was up at woods myself on the 6th. I tried my best to get those fish to bight me right there but they wouldnt take.
Glad to see someone got into them.. Slow troll shad must have been the ticket.

jas

clamkin
03-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Dan, good report and thanks for the offer of assist yesterday. That was a pretty impressive bow you were holding up there.

Our total of 3 bows and 1 fat koke didn't match up. We kept only the koke and 1 bow for take home. Bow was on rolled shad at 20 feet near the 49 bridge and the koke was at 10 ft. on a pink Apex near 6 bit. Only twice marked what I thought might be kings at 50-60 ft.

DanClark
03-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Bob, would have been a long walk from six bit glutch back to the ramp, glad you did not have a serious engine problem. Got to watch for those trees back in the coves, woods creek has a bunch of them, I think I know most of them on a first name basis. Pedro can be tough, even after fishing there 50+ years it still is challange.

Dan

Slapabow
03-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Glad to hear some action from pedro.

Tangles
03-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Good to see that your back in shape for some fishin'. I've been sick myself for the last few days with the flu but getting better now.

Tangles

DanClark
03-10-2008, 03:33 PM
John, was really nice to be back on the water, was having withdrawals, hope you get well soon will see you on the water.

Dan