PDA

View Full Version : Pardee Report 2/24

mark33
02-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Got to Pardee around 7:00. Went over to the Mud Hole (cove to the right of the launch ramp), and only a few people there. A couple guys were close to limits and left after about half an hour. I caught over 20 fish and released most except for my 5 fish limit. All were caught on a power worm behond a clear water filled bubble. Nothing of size, but did catch what looked to be a holdover or native fish. Full tail and fins and pink meat. This one had red spots, but not a brown. A guy next to me caught one of those Brook trout hybrid fish that looked to be around 2 1/2 - 3 lbs. windy and wet, but it was fun catching fish. Sorry, no pics this time. I'll try to start taking and postin pics.

Mark

g-string
02-25-2008, 03:23 PM
20 fish day,,,,nice, and on a Monday at that. Wish I could have been there. Might I ask how deep was the bait or do you just let it sink to the bottom? thanks for report , george

B-RAN
02-25-2008, 03:37 PM
what are some of the hot spots on that lake right now ?

mark33
02-26-2008, 09:34 AM
It was actually on Suday that I went. From the bank, the Mud Hole seems to be one of the hot spots. I haven't tried the Marina or any of the other spots. I let the bait sink a bit and then do a slow retrieve.

hunkfisher
02-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Man all the lakes in my parents backyard are starting to heat up just in time for spring break, thanks for the reports Mark, looking forward to getting out there and many other spots soon.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

FishFiend916
02-26-2008, 02:56 PM
I would say thats a pretty good spot right now, I was there last Wed. in the same cove, and caught 20 too! Except I was using an olive wooly bugger 6ft behind a clear bobber...my buddy also caught 10 using powereggs.

hqly2001
02-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Wow.. awesome..
in the past i was able to catch fish on powerbait and worms but last year nothing would take nightcrawler or powerbait.. could people still catch them on those two bait?

how do u rig the worm? just put the worm at the middle onto a small hook? and how long of a leader?

I use to fish on the otherside of the lake from the launch and were always able to catch some except last year.. any advice would be great!

i prefer bait fishing than drifting with a bobber along with 30-40 people on the bank lol..

mark33
02-27-2008, 11:49 AM
I haven't seen too many fish come out from the other side of the launch ramp (the marina), but some people still fish it.

Powerbait and nightcrwlers still work. My son and I were there a couple weeks ago and used an inflated night crawler and a white power egg and caught a few. Our leaders were about 18-20 inches. I have also seen people catch them on just power eggs with the same leader length.

I like to use lures, wooly buggers, and the power worms becaues I can catch and release.