PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 2/16 limits / she got a biggie!!

kokemachine83
02-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Got to the booth for check in inspection, Everything OK!! Then headed towards the dam for some fish'n. With Four poles in at depths of 15',9', and two on the surface. Trolling with all Rapala's. Got a nice little fish to start the day off. Then another a little later. Not real fast, by no means. Stayed with the Rapala's all day. Figured i could cover more ground this way going 2.3 to 2.8 on the GPS. We caught 9 rainbows, right up to about 12:00 noon. Then it really went dead. So we headed over towards Little Hat Island to search for something. Then around 3 pm. She gets up and grabs the rod, She said " I think i'm snagged" i said no, it looks like a really nice fish on the surface. So, i cleared all the other three lines. Makes a little run at the boat, and she knew just what to do. I get the net and she tells me hurry and get it into the boat. After a few pictures and a whole bunch of High Fives we head back towards the ramp. So proud of her. Her personal best. 6.3 lbs. We ended up with 10 fish limit and one really nice fish for her.

Lures: Rapala's Firetiger, Orange/Gold, Chartreuse/Silver
Blue/Silver, Clown Pattern F7
Scents: Pro-cure Shad and Krill Gel
Speed: 2.3 to 2.8 on the GPS
Depths: 15' to surface

On a sad note, I know some of you knew that my Dad wasn't doing well. Well Last Sunday i lost my Best Friend in the whole world. My Dad. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be posting pictures and posting my trips to everyone!! I love you DAD!!!!

Sunrise at Camanche...
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/kokemachine/021608_Sunrise_Resize.jpg

Fish Junky on the troll...
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/kokemachine/021608_FishJunkie_Resize.jpg

Mrs. Koke Machine's Personal Biggest Trout...
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/kokemachine/021608_63lbTrout_Resize.jpg

Close up of the trout...
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/kokemachine/021608_BigTrout_Resize.jpg

northriver_tom
02-16-2008, 05:38 PM
its good to see your out......

Dennis
02-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost mine years ago. From time to time, I still want to call him up and ask him how to 'fix' something.

Good to see your out and catching some nice fish.
Best wishes...

GuyBrown
02-16-2008, 06:19 PM
kokemachine83:

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost mine several years ago, truly one of life's SEEs (significant emotional events). Pleased to hear how close you were.

Regards,

fish_junky
02-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Sorry to hear that about your dad Robby. I lost mine along time a go. It's still sad. I'am glad to see you out on the water. I new Mrs Kokemachine was going to pull something off. I guess I was wrong about her catching all the fish but did get the biggest. Congrats to the Mrs'es. See'ya soon.

clamkin
02-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Robbie, I have a feeling your Dad is looking down with a big smile on this thread. Nice job on the PB.

kokoloco
02-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Robbie. It's never easy to lose somone so important in your life. And congradulations to the Mrs. for her super catch. That's a HOG!!! Bravo!

Sam

rtandersen
02-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Sorry for your loss . Dads are great teachers for fishing and other things in life.

cynnate
02-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Robbie

Sorry to hear about you loss. Dads are so important, they shape the way we are and what persons we grow to be. Congrats on the fishing. That's one huge hog your wife has there. Very impressive fish.

Nathan

Ironhead
02-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Robbie,

Sorry for your loss. I feel for you. My dad is getting up there now and I know how tough it is going to be when that time comes. Glad you were out chasing those fish, that is what he would of wanted you to do.

Great catch, Mrs. KokeMachine.....

Ironhead

fishon18
02-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Robbie,

I too am sorry for your loss, but he was with you today that's for sure! I need to try Camanche sometime, because these other lakes aren't cutting it. Heading to Pine Flat in the morning for day two in search of those King's. Take care....

Scott

żżż
02-16-2008, 07:58 PM
kokemachine83,

Sorry about your loss. A prayer goes out to the kokemachine family...

I'm glad though, that you're saying you lost your best friend, rather than "... and I never knew him...". :'(

Catching hogs like that is a great way to spend the day with family. Congrats to you all! 8-)

red_perception
02-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Congrats on some nice fishies brother! Sorry to hear about your pops. God bless, Eric :)

camotracker
02-16-2008, 09:33 PM
sweet. nice looking bow *[smiley=clap.gif] [smiley=clap.gif] [smiley=clap.gif] not bad a PB. congrats
sorry to hear about your dad. he was watching you from up above,

hookumhi
02-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Sorry to hear of your Dad passing, God Bless you and family and glad you had a great Dad to start you out right and loving to fish. Tight lines

BitBucket
02-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Robbie,

Sorry to hear about your Dad. The feelings you expressed reflect on the great father that he was. Those memories are the rewards we reap for having and knowing great Dads.
Congrats on the whopper also!

FISHNJIM
02-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..

Captain Compassion
02-16-2008, 10:31 PM
She got the biggist? So what else is new. Nice fish and day.

CC

Rod Bender
02-17-2008, 06:56 AM
Robbie, sorry to hear about dad, that will be tuff me aswell. We fish together all the time.

You can't beat lady luck, nice going to you two for hanging in there. Troy and I pulled Rapalas and TS lures for hours on Friday for six fish. See you on the water soon.

cgagex3
02-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss to your family, glad to know that he was a friend to you and not just a relative.
Congrats to Mrs. K for a whopper of a PB.

CG

kokemachine83
02-17-2008, 04:50 PM
I just want to thank everyone for the kinds words. My Dad meant a lot to me!! We did just about everything together.

Kim's fish was a hog. She did everything right to land that fish. It's her Best ever!! Just seeing her battle that fish and doing everything right!! Just wished the water would warm up some to get all the lakes going. Been trying to get over to lake Berryessa to do some fishing but from everyones post looks like i'll have to wait. Until next time....

Robbie & Kim (Team Koke Machine)...

T-ROY
02-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Let it warm up alittle Robbie and we'll get up to Berryessa. I told you on the phone you need a big one to post and look what you did. Just like I said in the e-mail I sent you POPS was up there maken deals with the fish gods for you two saturday. Sorry for your loss my friend and we'll get after it soon. T-ROY

Mackattack
02-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Sorry for your loss. Just think about this every time you get a couple taps on your rod tip and theres no fish it could be Dad saying hello.
Berryessa is going to get hot soon(mid March ?). Good luck on your next adventure.

*Mackattackhttp://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=r70mj9&s=3

dansan
02-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Kokemachine83, I've been reading your posts of successful trips for quite a while. Clearly your Dad taught you well! You gotta believe he's watching you out there. Congrats to Mrs. K. on the monster rainbow and to you both on the nice trip!

dansan

Fish_Bully
02-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Robbie,

Man, I had a bad feeling. Haven't heard from you in awhile, you are usually whooping up on those big Camanche trout before now. Hug those kids tight Robbie and take them fishing every chance you get.

Great fish Kim!

Flip

wkokaneeman
02-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey Robbie;

*I also,am sorry to hear about your loss! i lost my dad in 1976,and my mom in 2000.it's never easy to deal with.my dads ashes are spread at Lake Camanche.it was his favorite place to camp.with time,things will get a bit better.good wishes to you and your family.
*Looks like the wife cleaned house with that fish! *i have also caught my personnel best Trout at Camanche.a 7+ lbr. about in 2000.it now hangs on my office wall at home.caught it on an Uncle Larry's Orange firetiger spinner,back in the narrows.was all by myself.what a kick it was!! see you on the water soon.but,i still have a few hunting trips to take the dogs out on before hand.their looking at me with that look!!

Chadzilla
02-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Koke- congrats on your limit and what a fish for your wife!

Just as everyone else on the board, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dad and that special relationship you had while he was here. It is great you established that bond on the water.... now all you have to do is go out fishing to feel closer to him and relive countless memories.

kokemachine83
02-18-2008, 03:47 PM
All i can say is WOW!!! Everyone that has replied, Thank You very much!! It does mean a lot. Really. Just coming home to check my post as well as reading others. Sniffer group is a great bunch of guys and gals. Fish bully: Thanks man. Take care of our Pimped out Ship!!
Warren: One of these summer days i would like to join you on your boat.
Maybe you can show me a thing or two.

Thanks to all of the sniffer people!!! Robbie (Koke Machine)...

wkokaneeman
02-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Can do Robbie! it would be an honor!! and vise-versa has well!!

jumpinjimmy
02-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Nice fish Mrs Kokemachine, I was their on Sunday and boated limits for myself and my fishing Buddie, thanks in part of the great advice Robbie personally gave my at the shop,
I didn't get any large fish but action was steady for the most part.
Rapallas, yozuris,needle fish, all worked great.
Thanks again for the help. :D

fishnmike2002
02-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Robbie,

Sorry to hear about your dad. You know how close I am to my dad and I can only imagine....

Congrats to the Mrs. on her hog of a trout.

FishnMike