PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 2/13/08

Hewes06
02-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi,

New to the forum but long time viewer and reader.. *Went to the lake with a couple of my buds to try and catch some of those big fish I keep hearing about. *

Got on the water about 8am and headed for the river arm water temp was about 50 deg. *Started trolling Firetiger needle fish and J-5 Rapalas (baby trout) down to 14' on the DR'S. *Pretty slow to start with and the action was hit or miss for awhile.. *

All said and done got off the water @5pm (3 guys and 8 fish) biggest going 17" rainbow.. Lost 6.. 3SDR & 3LDR. *(one nice German Brown that spit the Rapala @ the boat) :(

Sorry no pics forgot the camera in the truck.. *Hope to get back out soon and try again ;D

MankinD
02-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Welcome to the boards and thanks for the report ;)

Doug

stonesfan
02-14-2008, 09:20 PM
starcraft59, thanks for the report, how did the inspection for Clams

by EBMUD go? Hope to get out there soon, did you happen to see

anyone pick up any Kokanee? Any problem with wind up the river?

Did you guy's happen to do any Top-lining, or just stay on the wire?

Sorry for so many questions, but inquiring minds want to know.......

Thanks Again

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

Chadzilla
02-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Nice first report.... welcome to the boards and don't forget that camera if you're gonna keep catching fish like that!

fishinator
02-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Great job and welcome to the boards. Don't worry I'll pick that brown up for you tomorrow ;) and I promise not to for get the camera ;D look forward to reading more post.

Fishinator

Hewes06
02-14-2008, 10:50 PM
The boat inspection was not really a problem per se... But make sure you Have no standing water in or out the transom area.. Almost did not get in :'(

The wind was up in a few areas then it would die down.. The biggest problem was the cold...brrr..

No Kokes... We top lined a couple of different set-ups tipped with a crawler but had no success...

Btw... The hits on the DR were not very hard at all.. Only two fish popped the clips and I had them set pretty far out... Not very aggressive strikes by the bows but the brown was different story ;)

Hope this info helps out :)

camotracker
02-15-2008, 05:07 AM
thanks for the report starcraft59. glad to hear someone catching fish. not sure if i'll be fishing here or amador this weekend. congrats to a good day on the lake.
any parts of the lake were better than the rest?

tightlones,

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

Hewes06
02-15-2008, 10:27 AM
The fish we marked where closer to the middle of the river arm when we first entered .. we trolled on the right about 30'-60' off the shore headed toward the log boom... ( Lots of areas with nice rock faces assumed these areas are the rock walls?) and we trolled on the the other side coming back.. Wind played havoc on the boat in the wider section of the river arm..

Also stopped to help out an older fisherman who got his trollong line wrapped around his prop over by the floating outhouse(not sure of the name of the gulch :-?) He tore his hands up pretty badly tring to get his prop undone.. . However he did have a nice fat bow about 27".. He said he lost another about the same size before he got tangled up :'(

Hope to make it back out soon... Good luck fellow sniffers ;D