PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle Newb

ducman
02-12-2008, 08:18 AM
I haven't seen any reports for shore fishing for Del Valle, im gonna try to make it out there maybe this weekend and need all the help i can get, like where are the good spots if i am limited to the shore, rigs, the usual sliding sinker with 12" to 24" leader, popular colors for powerbait, mallow crawler combo any tips would be appreciated
Thanks
Rob

JPFX
02-12-2008, 09:10 AM
I have been there a few times and from what I gather from talking to the regular shore anglers is that garlic scent is a must. It must be true because they outcaught me 5-1!

D_Givens
02-12-2008, 01:16 PM
I was there Sunday and there were few fishing from shore. We did our fishing out of a boat. We did catch one trout near shore using green power eggs with lots of scent. Water very muddy. A suggestion would be use a bobber with about 5ft of line hanging down and enough weight to get the power bait down. No matter what you use, add scent. Can be bought at the bait shop. PS, look for my pic with the 12lb trout that I C/R.

ken_fishnfool
02-12-2008, 03:04 PM
I was out there yesterday and found the fish in surprisingly shallowwater, hugging the bottom. I hope you have your 2 pole stamp. Try throwing one not-to-far-out!
If I was you I would use rainbow or orange Power Bait and shorten up the leader to around 7-12 inches. They are cruising around the bottom, up just far enogh to see the gravel, etc.
Also try a pumped up nighcrawler as this is what 2/3 of my bites came in on! Let it eat it a while before trying to set the hook. ;)

ducman
02-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Would you guys suggest going to the right or left of the marina/boat launch

ken_fishnfool
02-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Walk the trail to the right...up over the hill and past the cove. You will see a restroom and camping area. Anywhere along that point will do you just fine (look for the tallest bush closest to the water, next to the bench).

Throw one pole out a ways to the left, and the other straight out, not too far (30-40 feet).
Am I giving too much away? ;) ;D

Be sure and post a report!

ducman
02-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Can u show me how to tie my line.............just kidding.....you guys have been more than helpful, i am trying to get there early saturday morning just to get out of the house hopefully i wont get skunked

ken_fishnfool
02-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Go get 'em Bro...and let us know... ;) ;D

Johnny
02-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Don't know if you read this Newbie but Woody & his home course has hook me up with more than a few fish at Del Valle.. I cut & paste ;D

Woody

Platinum Member

Love to Fish

Re: Del Valle high and muddy
Reply #7 - Feb 7th, 2008, 8:17am Hey guys

I don't believe they are filling the lake with Delta water. At this point it is all from the Creek at the South end. What happens is when it gets full they start letting water out at the dam and it starts pulling the muddy water from the south end North to the dam.
If I was going out this weekend I might head to the creek inlet and see if the water is starting to clear in the creek. If it is bait fish right at the inlet to the creek it can be real good there this time of the year.

For the bank guys if you go to the south end go over the bridge and turn right, park in the first parking lot walk out on the point on the far side of the swim area. It is all trees and bushes and not to easy to get through but when you get to the point there is a couple of places to fish and it can be real good.

If the weather holds two more weeks and it will be real good.

See you on the water
Woody