PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle 2/11

untalan1
02-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Got to the lake and into the water by 9:00 am.Water is high and muddy still.Trolled topline with j7 rapalas in orange and firetiger Fished from the marina to swallow bay and get my first hookup after an hour of trolling weighed in at 9#.Did get a second fish a 16" at about noon. One ldr at the dam off the water by 3:30. My buddy Jim who was in another boat caught a 12lb 8 oz along with a smaller one.One other fish was caught by a guy who had two young boys with him had one that weighed in at 13# 3oz.Not many fish caught by other boats but you couldn't ask for a more beautiful day.

ryanerb
02-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Wow, sounds like some great fish... Not many, but big... How did the big ones fight? Fiesty or sluggish? Were the fish toplined or DR? Does LDR=long distance release? That just mean you hooked up but he got off?

Ryan

untalan1
02-11-2008, 11:12 PM
I was surprised how much this fish fought.I do alot of salmon fishing and I put the same rush when he made several big runs. The fish that my buddy and I caught were trolled 100' behind the boat with no weight.Yes LDR is long distance release.

ryanerb
02-11-2008, 11:25 PM
do you have line counters on your reel or do you guess on the 100 ft? How deep do you figure the j7 gets? Bout how far from the launch ramp to the fish? Few miles? I got a real small boat so I'm not sure how far I can go.