PDA

View Full Version : Don Pedro

dare
02-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Hey Guys
I'm taking Roosterfish to Pedro early tomorrow. I'd like to see the old guy pull in a few fins. Anyone been there lately? Where is the best place to start? We are talking about launching at Moccasin. I've just bought some 2"green and pepper PB grubs and some rainbow PB pills to use as heads. I'm going to try a Sidekick that is close in color to the grubs. Some of you guys swear by grubs. I've always been a spoon guy, but I'll try something new. How much leader 'tween the Sidekick and the grub is best? Lead core or not?
I've got old red Crestliner with a walk-thru. No stars as yet.

Slapabow
02-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Dare,

I will be there about 6:30 am 2-9-08 also.
My boat is broke so pulling buddies 20' NR.
O bummer. Silver black. With 2003 super duty lariat.
I have a hand held vhf so give me a shout.
Rolln shad and dragging worms. ;)
Hope its on. have not been there since last winter.

twoelk48
02-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Ill be on channle 69 handle is Boat is Jolly Ranger, capt is twoelk. Wea re putting in at Flemming Meadows and destination is influnced by fish finder. Boat is old like skipper a 1966 Deep Vee starcraft pea green wit stars hope tosee you or hear you, Kent

fshnjas
02-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Good luck guys, was supposed to be up there also but my boat was in the shop and they promised me it would be done friday, well, THAT DIDNT HAPPAN, >:( >:( >:( Maybe play hooky one day this week :)

Hope to here some good reports...

jas

arima_fan
02-09-2008, 12:53 PM
PB grubs and some rainbow PB pills
ok, please educate me, what does PB stand for? What are PB pills?
Hope you had a great fishing day. I'm very jealous! I'm stuck at work!!
Have monday off, maybe I can make it there. My problem is getting there early, I'm in the bay area, so I have to leave the house around 3:30 or 4!! *:(

drstressor
02-09-2008, 01:04 PM
PB=Powerbait

dare
02-11-2008, 09:51 AM
It was a beautiful day. We ended up launching at Flemming because we were limited on time and F. Meadows was closer.
We trolled over to the Jenkings Hill area. Roosterfish was the first to boat one... a 10" 'bow that he tried to make me believe was a koke (we had a $5 bet on the first koke).
I netted a couple of 1lb holdovers using a red and gold Speedy Shiner and 5 colors of lead core. Roosterfish used a little Fox spoon.
Sorry I didn't call you guys. My radio has been on the fritz forever.