PDA

View Full Version : Minifest @ Del Valle Today 2/2/08

Woody
02-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey guys even though the fishing was slow it was fun talking to all the sniffers on the water this morning. *

JohnBfishin
Old School
3.5 *
Tragadysprings
G-String
Badfish
Sorry if I missed anyone.

We got two fish to the boat and lost 2 others and had a few short strikes. *Again if the sun had came out this morning I think it would of been wide open fishing. *Every time the sun would come out even for a minute we would get bit. *Spinners with a crawler or Grub was the way to go this morning all fish and hits were in Heron bay.

See you on the water *
Woody

ryanerb
02-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Woody,

Glad to hear you guys did ok. Talking on the radio w/ other boats always makes things so much more fun! Hopefully when I get out there that sun will be out!

Ryan

Jigster
02-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Woody,

It's often been mentioned that the fish would hit when the sun came out. Does this mean they do not see your lure as well when cloudy? Would using flashers or brighter color lures improve the bite when the sun is not out?

J

johnbfishin
02-02-2008, 05:17 PM
It was great having a bunch of sniffers to BS with and pass on the info what was working or not. I can't tell you how many times I've been on that lake and only heard an echo on the radio. ;) ;D Thanks guys. 8-)

I was a little worried early am. When I got there at 6:00am the kiosk was open, no line and I was the first vehicle into the park and only one other truck by the time I was launched and ready to roll :o.....that was a first!
At any rate, I had only one bite on a rapala that didn't stick. I also realized I hadn't gotten my two rod stamp yet so I was limited to one line in the water *>:(.
As the first rain drops hit I headed for the barn. Some folks were coming down from Woodland for another kind of minifest and I wanted to catch up to them. ;) ;D

Jigster, to answer your question IMO....DV is muddy right now so more light and a little flash seemed to help along with the scent a nightcrawler puts out. Besides rain water DV is filled with water from the delta so it is never really clear. I used to use crawlers and flashers there all the time but I went to stick baits and apexes because when using a crawler if you miss seeing that short strike you aren't fishing anymore......I'll be getting back to the crawlers. ;)

fishmaster
02-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Wish I could have got out there. Trucks at the dealership getting work done on it. I dont think my mustang would pull a boat. Hope to be back in action next weekend.

02-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Yes quite a slow day, I ended up with three and lost a couple more. Pretty much kept pulling Uncle Larry's Hot Pink and small bit of crawler. One fish came with flashers and the other two were just plain. Heron Bay seemed to be the area. We stayed in about eighty feet. Tried Seps and Sling Blades with crawlers but nothing on those. Aplexs and Rapalas just got washed. It really did seem like whenever sun started to show you'd get bit. Trolled about half way thru narrows, but water was really dirty and alot of debri. Off by one. All in all it was great day and bs'n with you guys.

dolfan
02-02-2008, 06:07 PM
We had a good time today. It was pretty cool talking to everyone on the radio. We ended up with 5, and 1 LDR. All on Uncle Larry's with a grub or a crawler.

Old_School
02-02-2008, 06:56 PM
I started at the dam about 7:30 and didn't pic up a strike in 2 hours so I headed to swallow bay and had the same result. Top trolled rapalas and wedding rings with power eggs and those brown power worms (didn't have the real thing.) Apparently Heron was the ticket today, but I didn't make it over there. Next time.

Glad some of you guys had some action.

Water clarity is poor and a lot of debris floating around. There was what looked like a whole tree floating in swallow bay. Water is way up.

Nice meeting you Woody. I'll see you out there again. ;)

tragedyspring
02-02-2008, 07:32 PM
got 2 on spinners/crawlers. right on top yeah it sure was nice being able to actually talk to someone other than myself out there. largest fish was about 5 lbs

ultralightfan
02-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Anyone plan on being out there this week? With no rain in the forcast, the trout fishing should blow wide open. I am going at least twice.

tragedyspring
02-03-2008, 03:13 PM
shooting for next sunday, maybe after work on fri if I can sneak it in

Woody
02-03-2008, 04:30 PM
If it really does clear up I am planning on going wed. around noon or 1pm

See you on the water
Woody

LJ
02-03-2008, 07:14 PM
I have to see how work goes, need to make money while the weather is good.

02-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Keep the reports coming in, I'm off to LA until late Thursday, But FridaYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYY ;D

HeyNiceFish
02-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Can anyone tell me if Del Valle allow 2-stroke? Just wanted to make sure.
Is there a site for all the lakes regulation?

Thanks for the help! :)

_Gone_Fishin_
02-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Yes Del Valle allows 2-stroke motors.

johnbfishin
02-06-2008, 12:55 AM
C
Is there a site for all the lakes regulation?

Try NorCalfishing or type Del Valle to your browser....should get you what you need.

tragedyspring
02-06-2008, 06:47 AM
YES you can use a two stroke

HeyNiceFish
02-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Thanks Guys for your quick response. Looks like i'll be seeing some of you guys out there shortly. ;D

02-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Yes two strokes allowed. lake has nice lanch ramp too. If you've never fished this lake try around the dam area and heron bay. Spinners, needle fish, rapalahs all good there. Last Sat there was a lot of debri around the narrows, probably two to three feet visabilty, so pretty much top lining if your trolling. Hope this helps.

HeyNiceFish
02-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks 3.5 for the tips. I haven't been there in many years. Everyone here has been very helpful! ;D