PDA

View Full Version : any fish near me?

tattooedfish1
02-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Helllo all,I live in south Monterey county (Greenfield,King city area),Im just looking for somewhere kinda local,but not sure what streams ,rivers ,ponds are out my way with trout in em.I just wanna do a little ultra lite fishing so any info would be great.Thx. Oh! also what to use,Thx again. ;D

Fish_R_Us
02-05-2008, 12:54 PM
The larger ponds at the Hunter Ligget Military Reservation have bass in them. I was told that trout were stocked during the spring when the temperature is cool enough to support them. That was 20 years ago. Nowadays? Maybe some locals can advise. The larger tributaries in the Ventana Wilderness contain small pockets of native rainbow trout. Most of the areas are accessible from the top via forestry dirt roads. This means it's a steep hike down to the creek level and a hot hike back up to the road for a couple pan-sized trout. You may even spook some wild pigs during your hike. Late spring and summer is when you need to look out for the rattlesnakes. It's a pretty, dry and remote area down in the canyon, so bring alot of water, your FRS radio and especially a buddy.

tattooedfish1
02-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Thx for the info,Im just looking for something to catch locally to soothe my fishing withdrawls until springtime! ::)

KOKANEEKIDTC
02-06-2008, 01:22 AM
i seem to remember that handguns are not allowed at hunter liggit... just an FYI... check before going just in case! tc

dano
02-06-2008, 05:46 AM
tatooedfish1
A bud of mine fishes San Justo over by Holister. Might check into that one. Trout and bass both. They have some closure days tho so find out before trying.
dano