PDA

View Full Version : Quarry lake Report 2/2

joshc40
02-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Got to the lake at 7am. Thought the bite was going to be good but it ended up being one of the slowest days I've seen in a while. Started fishing with Power eggs(white) and a green power worm. Got the first hit in the first five minutes but missed it. After that, nothing for about three hours or so. At about 10, switched over to a nightcrawler worm combo. After a good half an hour or so, while talking on the phone with my buddy GottaBKevin, I dropped my phone in the middle of the conversation and got the first and only fish of the day.Turned out to be a nice one and a half pounder with some nice pink meat. Between 9 people, only five fish were caught. At about 11, my friend Will and I left because it was too cold, too windy, and there was a niners fan around(just kidding ;D). While walking to the car, saw Fisherman Fred and asked him how many he had caught, to my suprise, ZERO. Last time he had caught four, releasing every other fish until minutes before the lake closed. I never thought I would see this day ever. Man, one of the worst days at Quarry, cold, windy, and very little fish. Worst combo ever. Fun to be out there though ;).

Josh

tragedyspring
02-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Sounds like a typical day at the rodeo. At least some of the $ you guys that fish quarry give to EBRPD goes to putting fish places where they can be caught. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

stop giving them $ and go to shinn pond, at least there you have a chance to get a striper, bass, catfish and trout

I think the quarry is like a piggy bank for EBRPD

joshc40
02-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Shinn pond has trout? I knew there were LM as well as Stripers in there but not trout. Fished there one time for some cats. The pond was really dirty like, it was trashed to the max. Beer bottles, chip bags, cig boxes, you name it. Anyways, Quarry lakes is close and I haven't been skunked in the last five trips there so I'm okay with it ;D. thanks for the concern though.