PDA

View Full Version : Pedro Report - Sat. 2-2

Ironhead
02-02-2008, 09:04 PM
On the water at 6:30 sharp after changing ramps due to bass tournaments. Wow, they were there today, and by there movement it was a slow bite for them.

Surface temp was 52.1* and water was crystal clear. The water level is in good shape after the last few storms. Worked Jenkins and Graveyard for one small king at 50' on rolled shad. After a few hours, finally moved east of Jenkins off the point and quickly picked up two 14" trout on shad excel, smeared with trophy trout at 15'. Headed back towards the dam in the middle of the lake, just looking, and again picked up two planter sized trout. Did not find what I was looking for, but did have some action. Short day for me today, on the trailer at noon. All trout caught on shad pattern lures. All fish released today.

Lake was like glass, with a little wind towards the end. Few boats trolling but most were headed up river. The bass guys owned the lake today.

Ironhead

Chadzilla
02-02-2008, 09:13 PM
What's up with bass tourney's at Melones and Pedro the same day? I like to bass fish at times as well, but all that buzzin around by all those boats has to affect the trolling bite at least a little. Anyhow, thanks for the report and hopefully you get more peace and action out there next time!

Athlete24
02-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Good Job, I think Pedro is doing just as good as Melones but neither are doing too good. :(
See any bankies?

JoeTech
02-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Greg - Thanks for the post. I had the same problem today when I arrived at deer creek, bass tourny and about 25 boats waiting to get out, so we took off and went to lake view. Seems like Pedro, Melones and McClure are all a little slow, hopefully they'll pick up soon.

wackyd
02-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Me and the wife were out at Pedro sat in the green alumaweld we caught 2 trout on the surface on orange grubs You were the north river working on the outside of us?You do have to work around the times the bass guys launch can come back.

Ironhead
02-03-2008, 08:27 AM
You were the north river working on the outside of us?

Yup, that was me. Out in the middle, you could of caught all the trout you wanted. I on the other hand, was looking for the deeper fish.

WackyD: Do you have a radio? The lake was absolutely gorgeous and flat. Sorry you did not have better luck. I really like green on those style boats. Looks good.

kokemachine83
02-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Hey Greg, I too ran into a big Bass Tourn. up at Melones. These guys were pretty cool about letting me launch. Got my stuff ready and off i went with no problems. Thanks for the report up there. Melones not much better. Did scratch out a five fish limit. Nothing big!! Again thanks for the report. Keep in touch!! See you on the water soon, somewhere!!!

Robbie (Koke Machinie)...

fshnjas
02-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Ironhead, did you mark much on the FF down deep?

jas

wackyd
02-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Hey Ironhead i have a hand held and i was on ch69 most of the time and scaning but never heard anything.My wife was saying how nice your boat looked out there.See ya next time.

Ironhead
02-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Ironhead, did you mark much on the FF down deep?

jas

I found a pocket of fish in the 80' range that I worked but had no takers. Other then that, they were scattered and not many of them. I only found one good bait ball in my day of travels. Last time up, found more bait up at the power lines but did not want to go that far with a short day.

iron-man
02-03-2008, 12:13 PM
wacky, you may think it but don't tell him that aqt least not in front of Sniffer World . His head is big enough already. He just got a new promotion where he works. I think a company car is part of the deal along with stock options. IM

fishon_chris
02-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Nice report Greg looks like the trout bite is better than the king bite.Hopefully the kings will take off there in a few weeks.

Chris

fishon18
02-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Greg,

First Pedro report in awhile. Atleast you caught a few, and I'll do the scouting for next weekend. Not sure on where to go, but it will either be Pedro, Melones or I may even make the trek to Pine Flat. Keep in touch..

Scott