PDA

View Full Version : Comanche 1/26

fishnmike2002
01-28-2008, 07:51 AM
Well Comanche is coming along nicely. After dad catching his 7-11 up there on Wednesday, we decided to give it another go Saturday. Weather report was for high winds but we just had to go.

We started off down by the dam pulling a varity of grubs from the surface down to 15 feet. Trolling slow, 0.8 to 1.0 mph. About 20 minutes into the day, right in the middle of a Crazy Ivan, my top rod with an orange grub goes off. After a nice fight I boat a 4-2. About a half hour later I boat a 3-3, again on orange. We boat one small one a short time later then get blown off the lower lake, waves were over 3 feet. The new boat handled it well but trying to troll slow in those conditions is tough.

We made a run up the river to more sheltered conditions and as we were putting rods down, dad hooks up on an orange grub. We got 3 more up the river but all were 15 to 17 inches. We ended the day with 7 fish and missed about 4 others. Everything was ontop, on orange grubs trolled very slowly. No pics due to rough weather.

FishnMike

Mickey_Thomas
01-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Another good report Mike, guess the boat is getting broken in right, :D

bayareafishermen
01-28-2008, 10:49 AM
good reort any pictures you have taken if not we believe you.

kokemachine83
01-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Hey Mike, Congrats on those fish!!!! Was thinking maybe going to Camanche, but with those winds i thought better. So off to Melones. I know if the wind comes up, i can hide in a cove and still catch fish. How's the water level there? What's this a new boat? I want to see a picture of that new boat. Not to windy to take a picture of the new boat... Tell dad i said HI and the black lab. Keep in touch and see you at Camanche soon!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

fishnmike2002
01-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Hey Robbie,

Go over to the Campfire page and look up my thread on "Broke in the new boat". There are pics of the new boat, both dogs and dad with his big fish.

Let me know when you are heading to Comanche again, we'll pretty much be fishing it the rest of the winter as we have the pattern figured out now.

FishnMike

SuperDave
01-29-2008, 07:58 AM
we'll pretty much be fishing it the rest of the winter as we have the pattern figured out now.

FishnMike

I'll be waiting. ;)

fishnmike2002
01-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Your boat of mine Dave? *Let me know when you want to go.

Mike