PDA

View Full Version : pineflat 12/9/07 *1st post

Slapabow
12-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Long time listener first time caller, hello to all.

On the water @8:30am. Fished dam area then across from lombardos up to la fever and back.Water temp was 59.5 deg. Speed 1.5.
2 spotted bass @65' on rolled shad. 7 trout to 14" from surface to 20'.
chrome dodger w/worm for the bows.Before thanksgiving did catch a king 21" beauty, but have been really non existent for myself.
Question * * where are the juvenile kings? * *

Mickey_Thomas
12-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Welcome to the boards slapabow, what took you so long. Good report, I do Pine Flat a couple of times a year, usually in the winter cause I know it won't get snowed out :D

troutfan
12-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Welcome to the board Slapabow. Very informative first report.

Kickin_Bass
12-10-2007, 05:08 PM
In the past, I've only fished PineFlat from Trimmer Springs shore. How's the launch ramp looking lately?

cgagex3
12-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Welcome to the boards Slapabow, So you are one of those lerkers that I have heard so much about. Nice opening post short, sweet and full of info.
Keep those reports coming the help us all to know what is working and where.

fishon_chris
12-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Welcom to the boards Slapabow.I was there a few weeks back and cought 3 kings all between 18 and 19".Wow good job on the 21" fish its the first one i have heard of yet that big.I will be there this sat fishing for thoes kings in the dam area to Zebe cove out in the deep warer.

Thanks For the post and Welcome
Chris

Ironhead
12-11-2007, 06:59 AM
Welcome aboard. As you know, lots of great info to be had here. Great report, might give it a try in the next few weeks.

Question * * where are the juvenile kings? * *

I am concerned with the really low water levels, coupled with high water temps so deep into the fall. Lets hope some survived and not to many were C&R and eventually died. This could be a great fishery if it is taken care of.

Ironhead

chigger22
12-11-2007, 07:02 AM
Fished Pineflat a couple of weeks ago, real slow for me, lost a few rigs because of the water levels and those tree branches. Chris may see you up there Sat, oh deep water where ??

Chigger

fresnofshfan
12-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Welcome to the sniffer!! Great bunch , a few guys from the 'NO here as well. 8-)

fishon_chris
12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Chris may see you up there Sat, oh deep water where ??

Chigger the water is 135 to 155 in the middle of the lake following the river channel.The kings are suspened in about 60 to 100ft down maybe not so deep now.You got to stay away from the shore line right now it will take all of your tackle.I saw a guy get all tangled up close to the shore two weeks back.I will be on VHF ch 69 on sat.I plan on being on the lake not to early but by 8am.

zinger
12-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Welcome to the sniffer and great first post.

Those kings are all over the water column right now. I fished it on Dec. 2 and caught a nice 19 incher, just under 3 lbs, at 30 ft. That was around 7:00AM, but within the hour we caught a few as deep as 70-80 ft.

In the past, I've only fished PineFlat from Trimmer Springs shore. How's the launch ramp looking lately?

The Trimmer ramp is completely out of the water. We went as far as we could go upriver until it started getting risky with all of the trees exposed. We did manage to get a glimpse of the lake upriver from trimmer. It looked like the lake virtually stops, aside from the small river channel. If your looking to launch a boat, Deer Creek and Lombardos are open.

JoeTech
12-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Welcome to the boards, lots of good people with some good infor and stories. Thanks for the report, hope to get back out on the water in a couple of weeks. Keeps those post coming and remember we like Pictures....that was for you Mickey.

Joe

Slapabow
12-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome. what is all the stuff down @80'? plankton blooms or smaller bait balls.