PDA

View Full Version : Trout fishing

BadAschFishing
12-06-2007, 06:08 PM
I usually fish streams or rivers for trout, but now that they are mostly closed I'm fishing local lakes. When I can I'll take out a boat and troll around (kastmasters or rapalas), but I've noticed that I am not getting as many. Due to the colder weather, should I be using powerbait or anything similiar? Any tips would be appreciated :D

HOOF
12-06-2007, 06:38 PM
What lakes do you fish? I usually do good with good old wedding ring/crawler with seps flashers or if fish are spooky I loike a small dodger w/a crawler behind it with nothing else(if they are down 10-20 ft..If on the VERY top of water rising trolling a fly can be productive

BadAschFishing
12-06-2007, 07:16 PM
I live close to Lake Ralphine, which gets stocked on a weekly basis (maybe every other week, not quite sure) which is kind of nice and convenient. Dont do too much lake fishing, but hey gotta do something while the streams are closed ;) but thank you for the info. :)

LD
12-07-2007, 11:43 AM
My favorite set-up is a Seps watermelon sidekick dodger with 1/2 a night crawler. Or a grub
Wedding rings are second tipped with crawler.

LD

CODIII
12-07-2007, 12:16 PM
I agree with most of the previous posts. The simple setups seem to work the best for me. A 1/2 worm and a dodger or grub kills it at most lakes that I troll (jenkinson & union valley). I dont think kastmasters and very good to troll but some people like them. I think the most important thing is to get your rig to the depth of the fish.

Also top lining a fly almost always picks up a fish or two this time of the year

Mikespyke
12-07-2007, 03:02 PM
A good trick I saw on Angler West was adding scent to your dodger - they used ProCure shad gel. *I'm a believer after using it on dodgers and lures.

Happy trails, Mike

CODIII
12-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Great Tip Mike, I have never thought of using scent on the dodger. Thanks