PDA

View Full Version : First time Trolling Quarry Lakes

fishfinder42
11-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Wassupp sniffers? [smiley=swimmingfish.gif]
I just got my pontoon and will be out at Quarry lakes this weekend Trolling it for the first time. I was just curious if you guys had any good tips or lures that work well there. I got some needlefish, rapalas, and a wedding ring that I was going to try. I also heard about varying depths at the back of the lake? Do i need to watch my downrigger through there? Thanks in advance and tight lines. It's orange and black :D and I'm gonna try and put some stars on it so wave if you see me. I don't have a radio yet but am working on finding an inexpensive one to hook onto my pontoon.
It'll be my first time not stuck banking it!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Hopefully i can pull out some big ones like Full trout Jones and Trolling King!!! ;) [smiley=chowtime.gif]

joshc40
11-29-2007, 09:18 PM
I don't troll but I do know a couple of lures that can help you out. First, blue and silver kastmaster. I've seen tons of trout and bass caught on this lure. I actually hooked quite a few smallmouth with this lure and so did my bro. Second, rainbow patterned jointed rapala. This lure will get you the big ones for sure. Just takes the right time and depth I guess ;). Hope this helps and I'm pretty sure others will help you out. Good luck and God bless.

Josh

fishfinder42
11-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks a lot Josh!! I'll try them [smiley=captjack.gif] and let you know how it goes. [smiley=dancingorange.gif]

Troutoholic
12-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey FishFinder have fun out there, try white grubs, rootbeer or brown work great, firetiger r-7 rapala, and white roostertails, you can never go wrong with silver/blue kastmasters ;D, if its cloudy id suggest anything copper not gold, for somereason trout love it on couldy days ;)... good luck buddy let me know how it goes

fishfinder42
12-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks a lot TK. I'll be out there again this weekend, not sure which day yet. But I will definitely try the s&b km and then go from there. [smiley=fencing.gif] Hopefully I'll come back with a good report. [smiley=happy.gif] Last time out my battery died a little sooner than I expected so i had to row from the back of the lake. It's all good though cause it's not too bad with the pontoon, plus i think I need the exercise. [smiley=goodnight.gif] ;D Thanks again!!!!!

Troutoholic
12-06-2007, 10:16 PM
haha no problem, yeah i have ran out of power and ended up paddlin in more than once. lol reminds me i need to quit smoking :D