PDA

View Full Version : Lake Hennessey

fish_lips
11-28-2007, 07:21 AM
The planted yesterday 550 lbs of eagle lake strain rainbows in Hennessey. They also planted 550 two weeks before that so some people are catching them off the bank right now and man are they nice looking fish! They came from the Moccasin fish hatchery above Don Pedro. Boat launch is still closed but you can go around the gate and hand launch if your boat is small enough.

panther
11-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks, Fish Lips. I've got a small boat, and I might just give Hennessey a try! Panther

HomerDodd
11-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Lake Hennessey has long been one of favorite lakes. I know its a reservoir, and serves its purpose. But its still sad to see the water level that low. I'm hoping and praying for rain to fill her back up. Wow! Eagle strain trout in Hennessey. Is this something new, or have I just not noticed? I know Eagle's can get quite large. Indian Valley has some good size Eagles in there. I'm sure Hennessey has some lurking deep, just gotta' find them. I'm glad to know I can hand launch my small boat. Give Hennessey a try!

fish_lips
11-30-2007, 08:03 AM
I'm not sure about lurking deep in this lake right now! The deepest part of the lake is only about 60 ft deep! Even when it is full it is only 85 ft. But give this lake a try not very many people are fishing this lake right now. I'd say less that 5 people a week and there has only been two or three boats out since we closed the ramp on oct 8. If I see ya fishing then I will say Hi.

fish_lips
11-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Talked to a some people who were catching fish at the point just past the first outhouse there were 4 people and they had caught seven fish and they had only been there for 1 hour!

hookncook
12-01-2007, 09:24 AM
what are they using for bait

fish_lips
12-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Some of the people are using power bait and some are using worms. And a few guys are throwing lures.