PDA

View Full Version : Macks in McSwain?

dare
11-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Roosterfish, his son-in-law and I trolled McSwain Wed. AM and hooked a few nice bows (Roosterfish was skunked again). I was having luck with a green wedn' ring with a crawler tail back.

I caught a four pound trout that looked like a mackinaw. The only colors were beige, tan and cream. I've seen macs pulled out of Buck's Lake and this looked very similiar. Are there any macs in the Merced River system? Sorry I don't have the pics with me to show you. I'm not sure I could figure out how to get them in front of you if I had them. My wife has them on a CD. My dad may be able to help me. He's the geek in the family.

fishnmike2002
11-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Probably not macs but they do plant Brookies in there and they can have a similar look to macs.

FishnMike

dare
11-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks FishnMike
I just went to a Colorado Fish ID site and looked at a brook. Thats the beast. I always thought a brook looked a lot more like a 'bow.
Turns out that brooks and macks are both chars. That's why I had them cornfused.

fishnmike2002
11-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Good deal. McSwain is one of the few valley lakes that has brookies. They always dump a few in there each year. The ones I have caught are always nice and fat. Sounds like you got a big one.

FishnMike

mtalley
11-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Great job on the big Brookie.