PDA

View Full Version : Nothing At Tulloch

fish10plus
11-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Hey im back from along weekend at tulloch. Seen a few boats but no fish in sight. I kicked from south shore to the dam with everything in my arsonal.Even the flies wernt hittng.tried every depth between top water and 120ft. worms spinners PB Flasher worm combo.
Out of the 10-15 people and boaters I talked to maybe 4fish out of all of them. Started Sat the 24 and just got back today. Dead lake this weekend.Goodluck to anyone who wants to try to find the fish.

SneakAttack
11-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Went Friday 11/23. Lake was ON FIRE when we got there. Then completely shut down just before 10:00. Kokes and trout to 18" were hitting on fast moving (2.2-2.9 on the GPS) Metalic Pearch Needlefish behind Chrome Ford Fenders (don't normally fish them that fast, but stumbled on the pattern and went with it ;) ) Fished the dam area. From the Launch straight to dam was best bet. Kokes came in shallows to the right of the dam nearly on shoreline right near the weed piles (approx 12-15 ft deep there...)

fish10plus
11-26-2007, 11:14 AM
I kicked through there but didnt see crap .Fishing presure was High Sat morning and evenning. Sunday the same around the dock and launch .the kabanas were full. Was hoping the moon wood help the late night bite but that was dead too. Well better luck next time I go Iguess.

SneakAttack
11-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Gotta be honest and tell you that this is the first trip in a long time that has been considered a great trip... For catching that is...

Sorry to hear about the lack of net use... Better luck next time. From what I've seen so far from Tulloch (3 trips so far...) It's an early morning lake that has a tendency to produce nice holdovers/established fish. All the fish we caught Friday were holdovers/established. Not one rounded tail and all (that we kept) had shad in their stomachs. That should be the give-away right there...

Again, better luck next time, and don't give up on that lake. I'd rather catch fewer nice fish than more stockers... But heck, catching fish at all is nice!

wkokaneeman
11-26-2007, 01:10 PM
I was at Tullock on Sunday has well for 1 lousy fish. i kind of figured that it would be pretty slow with that bright full moon up above.and that was the deal. fished several "Shad" patterned lures,and fresh Shad for one 13" Rainbow,that had a gash on it's back,probably from a boat prop.he got tossed back,to fight another day. caught this fish right in front of the "Spanish" style home at Poker Flat. had a freind out there has well,and he got 1- 14" fish for the day.the full moon is a killer at times for Trout!! went hunting on Sunday with my 4 dogs,and had an awesome hunt! got 24 of our 26 birds! my 1 dog got all 12 birds i planted for him,plus a "bonus" Pheasant,that i did not even know,flew into our field,from another field.baeutiful day both days. the outside temp at Tullock in the morning was 33 degrees.burrrr! but it turned out being nice a little later.give the lake another week or 2,and let that full moon go away,and things will be real good again!! lets hope Pedro and McClure turn over soon,so we can start hammerin those Kings!! see you out there!!

Athlete24
11-26-2007, 03:43 PM
The key at Tulloch is to troll fast and pull some speedy shiners. *But tulloch has always been for me and my friends a fast shallow trolling lake. *Because the water comes from the bottom of Melones it stays nice and cool and the fish never go very deep, so fast trolling 3 or 4 colors of led core will put you in the 5-10 foot strike zone.

SneakAttack
11-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Here's the pic I promised... 18", 2.2Lb Koke and 2 bleeder trout...

www.redundantdotcom.com/Tulloch-11-23-07.jpg