PDA

View Full Version : Monday Nov 26 2007 @ Pyramid

Pyramid_Kid
11-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Launched at about 930 this morning and started dragging lymans heading north out of pelican. Made a couple of color swaps on my way north. It was kinda windy with waves up to 2-3 ft. I made it as far as Spider pnt and decided to turn around. Got turned around and swapped out lyman for fire tiger sting king at or about windless bay. No sooner had I put the rod back in the holder I get a hard take down. I grab the rod and start reeling. It felt pretty good then gave up and swam with the lure towards the boat. Got about 15ft from the boat 2 big head shakes and nothing spit the hook. But at this time I was marking lots of fish big fish. So I swapped out for a 5 inch fire tiger lyman. Started pulling that around in windless bay. Still marking fish, observing two other trollers haul in one fish each. So Im feeling positive. Then another agressive take down. I thought it was the bottom at first but I knew I was only 15 ft otw and in 40 ft of water. So I leap from my seat grab the rod and start crankin. I get maybe ten cranks and nothing. But it felt big. Ive caught my share of large fish out of this lake up wards of 10 lbs. This one had more fight in it than anything else Ive hooked into in the past.

I want to say that the hogs have arrived. My neighbor went out over the weeked in the same areas that I went today and he did very well. He brought 8 fish to the boat the smallest fish to the boat was 5 lbs the largest is 11 +. That one came home with him and is being frozen then cast for mounting.

Water temp was 47 degrees, trolling speed 3mph, OTW varied from 10ft to 30 ft. Actual depth 20 ft to 100 plus.

Kell_I
11-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Hope you have better luck next time PK, you and Mongo are do the big boy!!!

troutseeker
11-26-2007, 05:25 PM
well how big wasa the fish you hooked ??

Pyramid_Kid
11-26-2007, 05:33 PM
I dunno it shook the hook about 15 ft from the boat. I didnt get a good look at it because of the glare of the sun off the water. It felt like a good fish.

Pyramid_Kid
11-26-2007, 05:34 PM
By the way Kell IIIIII with an I. Mongo and I are over due. I havent caught a 10lber out of that lake since the late 80's. I know they are in there.