PDA

View Full Version : Los Vaqueros, North End 11/23

Ikan_Mas
11-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Hiked into the north end this morning and out to my favorite hole. *Was joined by what appeared to be other "shopping widowers" so had more people around me than usual. *Wind was constant, and I had to mind my bobber and worm closely. *Around 10 I picked up a nice 3+ pounder that gave me a real run for my money. *18" long, deep with heavy shoulders. *Nice fish. *Tail fin tips were still worn, but it had minnows in its belly, so it had aclimated well. *Caught a 13 inch square tail and then packed it in around noon due to the wind. *

I'm having a harder time catching my limit this fall, but the quality of the few I catch at LV has been great. *We may be seeing the results of CCWD trying to reduce the striper feed in the lake; bigger fish, but fewer of them. *Now if I could just figure out how to catch those big stripers consistantly *in this lake without violating the rules, that would be a great thing. ;)

joshc40
11-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Good report and good job with the fish. Everytime I go to this lake, I feel like I catch less fish and see more people. But this is still a good lake not doubt about that.

Josh

GottabKevin
11-25-2007, 04:37 PM
hey what baits have you been using. i noticed its harder to catcch my limit too. i usually use green powerbait and inflated worms. but do you have any other baits that work?

Ikan_Mas
11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Half a worm suspended 3-4 feet off a bobber, my go to bait. Even on a windy day, it works well.