PDA

View Full Version : Trout (steelies) at Sonoma..??

HomerDodd
11-24-2007, 05:47 PM
I have never fished Lake Sonoma. I've heard that the land-locked steelhead trout can be hard to get to. Just some basic trolling may or may not work. Everyone I've talked to said the same thing; troll near the dam and deep (50'), with Cripple-Lures, Needlefish, etc. I am looking forward to trying my luck there, and would love to have a good first day. Is lead-core the best, or can I use weighted down mono-filament behind flashers? I want to make sure I get everything just right for these guys in Sonoma. I don't know if top-lining would work this time of year for this lake..??? Thanks for any advice.........

foresthill_fishin
11-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Homerdodd great question Im to headin to Sonoma to fish with my two brothers auburnator@cyberpug Ive fished Sonoma many times but always for bass.This trip we intend on trollin for steelies as well.So though I dont have any good advice I to Im lookin for a little help on steelie tachs.Well Ill keep watchin the boards and askin around if I hear any good tricks Ill P.M you good luck......KEEP ON TROLLIN [smiley=swimmingfish.gif]P.S. My Trips Planned for Dec 8...........