PDA

View Full Version : Lake Hennessey boat ramp closed...

HomerDodd
11-20-2007, 10:28 PM
This is one of my favorite lakes to fish. Trolling and shore fishing are usually pretty good. Was there on Sunday. Due to very low water level, the boat ramp is closed until further notice. I had to fish from the shore, but not much lake. The lake is either temporarily fished out, or the water level is too low close to shore. It's sad to say, but it's not the place to go now. Once the winter rains fill her back up, it will be a great place again!

fish_lips
11-21-2007, 07:42 AM
It is definitly not fished out I see people catching fish there everyday! I am the caretaker there and I had to close the ramp due to the severity of the angle of the dock (ankle hazard)! I will open it back up when we get some rain. Probably the first of the year but I hope it is sooner. I am usually the only boat on the lake and that is pretty weird. They just had a trout plant of 550 lbs. which is about 1100 fish. Don't be scared to fish off the bank. I have seen fish caught everywhere. But if you have a small boat we are allowing you to hand launch around the gate that is locked if you use the ramp and still pay the launch and fishing fees.

HomerDodd
11-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Fish lips:
Thanks for the response! I'm glad to know I can still use the launch ramp. Hennessey is my favorite lake. I have a plastic 9' rowboat that I can unload from the bed of my truck,pick up by myself and carry to the water. I use a small trolling motor that works pretty good for the troll. Are you saying that its OK to hand launch from the ramp, and pay the usual $4.00 launch fee in the yellow envelope, (can we include the fishing fee in the same envelope, how much is it per day now?) still park in the launch area without any problems with the law? If so, that's great news! Its sad to see the level drop and no rain, but after the rains hit it will be back up to its normal level. I see this every year. This year seems a little lower than usual. By the way, can you suggest any other good trolling areas? I normally troll just west of the dock in the center of the main body. I've never branched out to upper fork. Thanks for the info....

1Worthaton
11-21-2007, 06:26 PM
I think every lake in Calif. is suffering from lack of water which is the pits.Will be praying for rain for all!!!
1Worthaton
Go Fish!