PDA

View Full Version : new PB at woodward(no pics)

feelinminnesota
11-13-2007, 10:13 AM
not a giant, but 21" was my new personal best! was out from 9:30-to noon monday. got a 2 1/2 pound bass, that big bow and had a follow from a 17"er and a smack from one that appeared to be bigger than the 21". it was my first time at woodward, so i was satisfied.
the lure of choice was a small suspending jerkbait. it was jsut a K-mart cheapy, but the fish didn't seem to mind. the fish is still out there swimming living the good life.
as i was heading out the door i thought, 'nah, i don't wanna bring the camera.' :-[

troutseeker
11-13-2007, 11:19 AM
I went to Woodward Monday, caught 4, biggest was just under your 21 incher....great tasting !!WOODWARD IS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!

Seon
11-13-2007, 07:04 PM
You guys fish off the bank or on a boat? If in a boat, what length?
The wife and I checked Woodward's camp sites last month and thought it'd be a good weekend trip. I didn't know the fishing that good.

steveo79
11-13-2007, 08:38 PM
3 launch ramps at Woodward. Camping for improved and unimproved areas. Under heavy usage the shower/baths in the improved areas get hammered bad by mid day.
Check out the map here:http://www.fishsniffer.com/maps/woodward.html

Another thing. You can always smell the cows...it's dairy country! but tis not a bad place to kick it. You can take a dog, should be pretty empty. Melones is a ghost town right now. One campground closed. May want to call and see what is available ar Woodwards just in case.

troutseeker
11-13-2007, 10:23 PM
IF you troll go between Cocklebur Beach and Tillies Pt. make it slow, and watch out for the bottom, be careful of logs and sandbars, fish night crawlers with flashers and also use flatfish by themselves...toss kastmasters from bank or soak powerbaits, any color will get them, but you must find the fish, this is a huge bunch of water and the fish usually stay near the dam where its deepest, but they travel every where...at night, everything bites especially huge catfish, and I mean 12 lb catfish, also, last spring a guy caught a 27 inch rainbow here so they are in here...

feelinminnesota
11-14-2007, 10:47 AM
i was fishing from shore around the dam(no boats allowed there) there were some campers. also, quite a few duck hunters out there.

happydaddy
11-14-2007, 08:42 PM
What the deal with the duck hunters I was out there on Monday and I was making me way to the dam at a vary low speed (troll speed) I was about 300 yards away from them and they started to yell at me I looked into the sky in all different directions and did not see any birds. So whats up with that I just wanted to take the kids fishing and I get cussed out. Just wanted to know I was going to ask the ranger but there was no one at the gate when I left. All in all it was a fun day for the kids and me. We didn't get into any fish but still had fun in the new boat. Like I always say MY WORST DAY OF FISHING IS ALWAY BETTER THAN MY BEST DAY AT WORK.

troutseeker
11-14-2007, 11:39 PM
DON'T sweat the duck hunters they are an entirely different breed of whatever lol..just ignore them...they go out there and never get any ducks...woodward is terrible for ducks, they need to go to the delta areas...