PDA

View Full Version : Silver yet again?

Phishinfool2
11-07-2007, 09:43 PM
I see they have canceled the rain and snow forecast for Silver Lake for this weekend and after a long hard week at work I think I need a day of fishin' and I think Silver and some monster fish might just be the trick. If nothin" else get in probably the last boat trip b4 it freezes over. Seon you interested?? PM me.

Jimbo

steveo79
11-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Go get em. I worked late, to get tomorrow off, so I'm going up to Spicer Dam again. Man, the fishing is just too goo right now.

atavuss
11-10-2007, 06:18 PM
went up to Silver this morning to try and beat the storms. *my son caught a nice 2.5 lb hook jawed male along with a few smaller bows. *it was cold with a light drizzle/rain. *we left around noon. *

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/400648/joe@silver.JPG

Seon
11-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Hey Atavuss,
Did you see Jimbo aka Phishinfool2 out there trolling?
I had to pass on this trip because of prior commitment but my thoughts were with him up there.
BTW nice catch ;).

fish_bytes
11-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Nice Job Atavuss-
We also fished Silver this morning before the rain came in. We took 2 families and fished from the shore. Arrived at 8:45 and left around 1:30. We landed at least 40 fish betweend the two families. Action was non stop on power bait, kastmasters, worms and orange panther martin.

Wife wanted to throw the line a few times, and she ended up with 4 fish in 6 casts with spinners.

Visited Caples for a viewing and saw many anglers around the dam area, and saw a bunch of fish surfacing. Did not see anything caught while there.

Thanks for all the great info from everyone who keeps posting. It helped us to make up our mind on where to go this weekend.

atavuss
11-11-2007, 07:27 AM
Seon, *I think I did see Jimbo out there......we mostly stayed anchored at the end of one of the lake coves and I think I saw him several times come into the cove and turn around. *
Fish_Bytes, any size to the fish your group caught? *
I would have stayed out longer but my son wanted to go at noon. *
it won't be long and the ramp will be out of the water and you will need a 4x4 to launch. it is real shallow just before you get out to the main lake from the launch area too. last year there were some really shallow spots in the same area where there is a sand or gravel bar.

fish_bytes
11-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Atavuss- Most fish were in the 12 to 14 inch range. 1 at 18 inches about 2 pounds, and 1 brown at 21 inches just over 3 pounds. Kids played with the camera on the way home looking at the pictures and deleted all images on camera. Great end >:( to a great day. ;D