PDA

View Full Version : Doc and Mr. ED

CHICKFISHING58
11-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Ok guy's I know you went out to Pyramid so lets see the pictures and story I need them before 4pm. ::)

CHICKFISHING58
11-08-2007, 03:22 PM
[smiley=bump.gif] not back yet ;)

Topaz_Tom
11-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Ed, you big teaser. ;D ;D Can't wait to see the pics and the blanks. :D

fernley_tim
11-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Well here are a couple of pics from tues till doc post some pics ;) my wife and grandaughter went with me *so we only stayed out a few hours ::) five fish total most between the cattle guard and block house http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/957/1001288do9.jpg * * http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/457/1001290te3.jpg http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4615/1001283dc7.jpg

steveo79
11-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Nice pic's fernley_tim, better keep an eye on your granddaughter, she'll be snagging the keys to grandpa's boat before you know it ;)

drstressor
11-08-2007, 08:06 PM
OK, OK, OK. Geeze, I had to clean the boat you know. ::)

We got on the water at before sunrise and Hetchy and his crew were already out fishing Anderson Bay. So we headed to Red Bay, which was hot on Tuesday, and trolled flies and flatfish for just a LDR. We then fast trolled spoons and plugs in front of the wall at the Bat Cave for a couple more dropped fish. We were not marking many fish, so we headed over to LA Rocks where we finally brought a small one to the boat. After I dropped a few more off Hells Kitchen, Ed brought 2 to the boat on a top lined plug. We finally moved up to Fox Bay north of the Kitchen and got into them pretty good. I fished a 5" flo-glo Coyote and Ed fished with everything he brought with him. ;D Most of the fish we got were nice slot fish. We ended up with 20+ to the boat.

I don't usually loose fish, but they were bitting very light and I had a terrible time getting them to the boat. I dropped my first 5 and was 4 for 12 at one point. I lost over 20 fish today. Part of the problem was a hook that had been sharpened so many times that it would no longer take a point. Things got better after I changed hooks, but for some reason or other I still kept dropping fish. Ed only missed a couple all day.

It was a beautiful day on the water and we saw lots of interesting things. Ed pointed out a big trout swimming just below the surface with plug sticking out of his mouth. We also had lots of fish follow our lures up to the boat.

Here are a few pics:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2262/hetchylx0.jpg
Hetchy's crew releasing one up at Fox Bay.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5969/inwateryz5.jpg
This one made it to the boat.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7977/docbh5.jpg
At nice 23" cutt.

Mr_Ed
11-08-2007, 10:21 PM
As you know, Doc broke his fly rod and started today with a new one.
He had several take downs, but no love !! :'( This set the stage for the first two hours, lots of LDR's.

It was very strange that the first morning hous did no result in fish, today ?? The water was flat and a perfect 55 degrees, so I could not
understand what happened ?

I had no "Best lure" today, they just hit most of the stuff that I tossed
out, except for my small spooms, which were not big enough. I did not hook up with my FFish, but Hetch's members had no problem with theirs!!??

As you know, I always am tring new stuff and ways to fish so I really
threw Doc a curve ball when I hooked a fisn in 10ft of water with a 10ft
set back on the D/R !! So much for the long set back idea..........?? :o

I did finally get to net two today, a yellow ballon and my J-Plug that broke its leader at the boat . I got a ear full from Doc for having a 8lb leader................ Hay what does my Handle say !!

Thanks again Doc for a great trip and a fun time, a beautiful day, both of us were down to a t shirt by 9:30 after being bundeled up at the 6am morning's shot across the lake, which was brisk. ;D ;D

No pic's for me since my batterys were low for some unknown reason ??

Nice seeing Hetchy again, glad he also had a good day on the water with
his crew.

Later Ed

AllFishNoWork
11-09-2007, 05:22 AM
Man that looks like fun, from my vantage point near Verdi it was a beautiful day.

metalmouth
11-09-2007, 05:37 AM
Great report! Looks like a fun day on the water. ;) :D ;D

MM

Farrier_Frank
11-09-2007, 06:20 AM
On my 4 day Pyramid trip that ended Tuesday we had many fish that spun on the lure and got hooked right behind the head or in a fin. Also, over the four days we had many "tail slaps" on the lures that broke them out of the DR clip but didn't stick. In the late afternoon of the last day we found the fish closer to shore, but they were hitting light like Doc said happened to him. And as for following the lure we found that too be prevalent, regardless of the lure. I was dragging Lyman's most of the time and they followed them, too. On the last day, when I knew we were over fish, I would stop the boat beyond the point most guys would have hit the throttle again and let the lines go completely slack. Most of the times I did that we had hook ups. Twice when I did this we ended up with doubles, and once we hooked a triple.

It's interesting out there this year. You have to work at catching them a little harder than in years past. But it is fun. 8-)

troutseeker
11-09-2007, 07:44 AM
awesome fish Ed....

Mr_Ed
11-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Troutseeker;

That skinny guy with the fish is Doc............. ;D

I am about 6" widerand 1" shorter !! ;)

Plus or minus ?? ::) ::) ;D

drstressor
11-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Gotta be precise here Ed. You're about 5" taller than I am.

Probably 6" wider though. ;D

troutfan
11-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Gotta be precise here Ed. *You're about 5" taller than I am.

Probably 6" wider though. ;D
You fit in one of his pant legs Doc! ;D ;D

vvbob
11-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Looks like a beautiful day out there, glad you guys found them ;D

Mr._Striper
11-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Sweet reports and pics guys!! Thanks

CHICKFISHING58
11-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Doc and Ed,
I just wanted to make sure my 2 favorite guys were safe :-*

CHICKFISHING58
11-10-2007, 10:36 AM
I seen that boat out there on Friday but I didnt see the stars as a matter of fact I even asked them how they were doing ::)