PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes 11/7 trolling report

ultralightfan
11-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Got to the lake around 7:30am or so (the lake hours have changed to 7am-6pm). *Launched and headed for the back of the lake. *Once we were in the back, we immediately marked a school of at least 50 fish in 55 ft. of water. *All the fish were between 30 and 40 ft. deep. *Switched up my original plan to use J-7's and used wedding rings and needlefish. *Ended up catching 3. *Also had 2 LDR's, one of which had to be at least 7 lbs. since it jumped about 150 ft. behind the boat.

Only had a few hits on a perch J-7, but caught all our fish on wedding rings and a needlefish with a chrome slingblade about 18" in front of it.

All of you boaters beware out here - there is a hazard bouy in the back of the lake. *We steered clear of the buoy, but there are other underwater hazards in the area. *We found a spot that has an underwater point that comes up from 45 ft. to 7 ft. in about one boat legnth (I have a 15'), and another spot in about 55-60 ft. of water that has a point come all the way up to 4.2 ft. and is visible to the naked eye. *Don't get your trolling lines stuck on them...they look nasty.

raymac
11-08-2007, 03:17 PM
WAS THERE LAST TUESDAY Hooked a couple of planters.on the back side of horse shoe there is a ridge. the bouy is at the far end. IT RUNS PARAL WITH THE LAKE BANK. TO EITHER SIDE OF THE RIDGE IT IS 30FT AND 50 FT+ deep.

Troutoholic
11-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Niiice, i went trolling today there, ill type a repot in a minute... next time im bringing the fish finder :)