PDA

View Full Version : Late Del Valle report for 11/2

firetrout
11-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Went out with my son and neighbor and launched at 7:30. Will spare the details, ended with 4 fish. 3 on J7 fire tiger Rapala and 1 on perch pattern, 1 hit on red wedding ring. All at the dam toplining.

I had one small problem! The Fish Won, I ended up with a hook in my finger. Trying to get the treble from a netted fish it took a great shake and the treble hook was in my finger lickity split. :-/ I ended up clipping it and bandage it. It was 9 am and no time to end the day. It took 3 hours at the E.R. to remove it. Not the first time that happened. >:(

Must say though, the lake is putting out some big fish. I saw a bass fisherman caught a 9 + lber on a plastic night crawler.

Chat with Fishnpholl in his float tube with a friend doing well. Nice to see a couple sniffers.

Well maybe next time I will get the better of the trout. ;D

Mackattack
11-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks for that graffic report at least you got fish and caught the biggest sniffer on record.(lol) [smiley=lolk.gif] Hope you get that fingger better soon an get back on the water soon. [smiley=angling.gif]
P.S. did you troll to the dam ?

Mackattack

Johnny
11-03-2007, 08:57 PM
I think we cruise past you in our little rental, I know the feeling with those trebles, I got hit last year & got it out but we were thinking ER also at the time, now we use Hemo's & gives about 6 inches of more comfort & its working for us.. *Keep that finger clean (infections can get you). Those Float tubes were busy.. Thanks for the report, help & reminder of how dangerous those hooks can be.. Tight lines & Fish on..
Failed to catch a trout at the Dam, what is it that we can't *get one, we troll it everytime...

camotracker
11-03-2007, 09:16 PM
FIRETROUT, great report bud. i'm hearing some good things about de valle having some fatty's.
sorry to hear about your fingure. :(hope it heals soon. ;)
looks like fireminnow is going to be the skipper for a while. while you are on the mend ;)

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"

Manteca Steve
11-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Hey Firetrout

Sorry about the finger I've been there my self. Ouch * [smiley=yikes.gif] hello E.R. It could have been worst 0 fish with a treble hook in your finger.

I heard Del Valle been getting big fish out there. How's the boat traffic ? the water level ?

troutseeker
11-04-2007, 10:02 AM
ouch !! gads that had ta hurt...but ya got into some trout at least.. good going....

sweetfish
11-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Del Valle is getting interesting to those of us who have never heard of it, congrats on the skills. I have been hooked many times as have we all, cut the eye off, squeeze the finger hard to numb it then push the hook all the way through, it does'nt hurt if done quick and is probably what the doc did after numbing. I know, I know :o :o

Woody
11-04-2007, 06:20 PM
I had two fingers on one treble hook once thank goodness they were both on the same hand, so I still had one hand to use the hemos.

Also once at Amador I caught a fish that had a second line attached to it but at the time I didn't realize it. It was stuck on my Rapala and apparently wrapped around my prop. I was holding my Rapala in my hand and put the boat in gear and it buried the treble hook all the way to the bone. That one hurt and what an unexpected surprise.

If you put the hemos on the hook and push down on the hook to release the the barb and then a quick jerk to remove the hook it really is not that bad.

Woody

stonesfan
11-04-2007, 07:31 PM
I think from now on I'm going to go BARBLESS...................

That HEMO stuff don't sound good to me, either that or make

sure I bring along a net-person................. [smiley=thumbsup.gif].

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

_Gone_Fishin_
11-05-2007, 08:19 AM
I heard Del Valle been getting big fish out there. How's the boat traffic ? the water level ?

Boat traffic is not too bad and the water level is low. I posted some pics of Del Valle about a week ago. Go through the old threads you'll find it.

firetrout
11-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks guys for the kind reports, and yes I have hemostats but I still could not do it. I was a woos and needed to kill the pain ;D

Manteca Steve the fishing is getting good with lots of big trout in that lake, the most I've seen since fishing there. Stripers too, if you try for them. Spent most of my time at the dam toplining. It's worth a try if your within an hour or so drive. Its 70 miles for me from the peninsula.

I go mostly during the weekdays during my 4 day off period.

Hope to see many more fishsniffers getting the big ones. ;)