PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle 10/30

Troutoholic
10-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Ok everyone i went on my Del Valle Trip yesterday, got there 6 AM but it was too dark to rent the boat so fished shore tell it was lighter. Rented the boat and the motor was junk, its lowest setting was to fast to troll with and the engine kept wanting to die out. Got my trolling motor and that worked a lot better. Trolled from 7AM tell 2 pm and got SKUNKED not a single bit! >:( i trolled everything i could every color and nothing. Went to the bank and ended up catching 5 stripers none over 16". So my first trip sucked! i still wont give up i want those Del Valle Trout. So i guess i didnt get skunked but got nothing worth talking about lol. 60 mile drive 55$ boat rental for a nice relaxing day but no good fish... better luck to ya'll if anyone has any answers to y the bite was off let me know.. thanks- TrollingKings

Johnny
10-31-2007, 12:35 PM
Being from EarthQuake Capital of the World, I would say they knew that the 5.6 was coming... :o

Old_School
10-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanx for the report even though negative.
I too got skunked more than once when I started fishing there last year. I kept adjusting my techs and following sniffer suggestions and since sept when I started trolling here this year I haven't had a bad day yet. Last sat I feel like it all came together boating three limits for two of us including 2 over 5 lbs and several ldrs. My best day yet here.
Keep at it and your time will come, and get your boat fixed so you dont have to deal with the BS! ;) $18 bucks for two and launch isn't bad.
I may be back out Sat.

cynnate
10-31-2007, 02:41 PM
I will be at Del Valle on Saturday. I will be in the silver NorthRiver if anyone wants to wave. :) I dont have a radio yet. I guess one of the next things to buy! :(

N8

Troutoholic
11-01-2007, 11:19 AM
thanks everyone, hope i have better luck next time... i thought it might have something to do with the earthquake.. next time i will take my boat and two trolling batteries... someone at the marina said all the strippers were eatin the trout and he threw a surf rod with a 8 inch popper and hooked into a 20lber, anyways whats the story for big strippers any good spots? techniques? thanks -TrollingKings