PDA

View Full Version : Quarry lakes

joshc40
10-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Anyone been at Quarry lakes recently? I've been wanting to go for a while but don't know what the bites like. Just wondering what people are catching those trout on. Anything would be appreciated!

Josh

BusterBrown
10-20-2007, 05:52 PM
haven't heard any response.....come on sniffers

fishfinder42
10-20-2007, 06:23 PM
The last few reports I read have been really good. The ebrpd web site also has some really good reports of Limit syle fishing. I will be out there at about 6am tomorrow morning with my little brother at my spot. :-X If i get nothing there I will try Plan b. I heard rainbow power bait is doing really well, maybe I'll see you there!!! :)

fulltroutjones
10-20-2007, 08:12 PM
was there on friday afternoon for 2 hours..caught 2 trolling.but saw A LOT of catchin going on down fishermans row .went back this morning at 6am and had no bites and didnt see much action from the shore. about 8 30 i finally got hit hard.my drag was squeelin on my ultra lite rod .boated it and was 26 inches and i 8lbs.biggest ive caught there so far..so to answer your question.fishing was good..i was eatin breakfast at Baldies by 10am..

joshc40
10-20-2007, 08:58 PM
GEESE! Eight pounds! Man that is one huge trout man. I heard this one story from a guy who fishes quarry often about a huge trout he had hooked. He said he was fishing all day and had nothing at all, not even a bite. So he decided to go toss a lure around to keep him occupied. Well he walked so far away that he didn't notice the bite he had on his second pole. He saw this giant trout jump out of the water and guess what, IT WAS ON HIS POLE! There was like five guys that were next to his pole and he was yelling at them to set the hook until he got there. They just stared at it and didn't do anything. Just Pointed at his pole and told him to come. So while this 8+ trout was jumping out the water going crazy, all they could do was stare and not set the hook for him, even when he asked one of them to. When he got there, his line was all tangled and the fish, long gone. He asked the guys why one of them didn't catch one and they said "Because it wasn't my pole". Anyways, good job on that trout. I don't think I've ever caught a three pounder and Quarry lakes and here you are catching an eight pounder :o. Man congrats and i hope you catch an even larger one soon!

Josh

troutseeker
10-20-2007, 08:58 PM
have not heard a thing

bobcatken
10-20-2007, 09:09 PM
I decided to go fishing at Quarry Lakes this morning despite never catching anything here ever in my 3 or 4 previous trips. I was there from 8-12. I fished to the right of the boat launch from 8-11. I only saw 2 trout caught by the same guy. He was using inflated nightcrawlers. I heard people were catching them on the other end of Fisherman's Row. I moved over there and fished for about 1/2 hour. I didn't get anything but I heard some people were catching them here on Powerbait. I saw a few on stringers but don't think people were getting limits. A few fish is better than my skunk. Also the fish I saw were one to three pounds. good luck

fulltroutjones
10-21-2007, 10:42 AM
heres a pic of the 8lber..damn she looks just like a salmon .how does a stocker have such perfect fins?? glad it wasnt one of those football lookin ones!! I caught it on a luckycraft right in front of the swim lagoon buoyshttp://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/coydog152/ttrroouutt.jpg

bigdaddy68768
10-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Fished quarry yesterday from 6:30 to 6:30 (12 hrs) bite was slow all day, but they were biting.......alot of people were catching on fisherman's row, but there were a couple of other trophies in addition to the 8 1/2 lb. beauty.........I had a few bites in the morning on power eggs but nothing significant.......but the fisherman fishing about 10 yds to the right were having success on and off....it think color was key and the colors seemed to be green and orange....yellow and pink were ok but absolutely nothing on white (power eggs) the bait of the day hands down goes to an inflated nightcrawler.......but a gentleman fishing about 15 yds. down landed 2...count 'em 2 7 1/2 lber's !! talk about the frustration (by that time I hand not landed a single fish and it was already noon) so to make a long story short.......guys were catching..use the crawlers! oh yeah and I did finally end up with 1 just before closing......but it was a 3-4 lb beauty so no complaints here! ( 20 1/2 on the length and 14 on the girth!)

BusterBrown
10-21-2007, 12:22 PM
wow nice fish ;)

it must be really windy today....it's really blowing in SJ :-/

joshc40
10-21-2007, 05:11 PM
That fish has quite a few sore :o. My dad caught a nice one like that and decided to let it go because of the sores. I'm not sure why they have sores, but i think its due to parasites. Anyways, nice fish!

JOsh

fulltroutjones
10-21-2007, 06:08 PM
far from an expert.but i was told it was due to temp change in the water.but the parasites are only on the skin.not in the meat.BTW this fish had the entire 4 inch lure in its mouth!it just hammered it!!and spooled me.

tragedyspring
10-22-2007, 04:29 PM
almost looks as bad as some of those berryessa furry trouts... :-/.....the trout outta del valle are much nicer lookin IMO and by the dam they nerly average 3-4# each. The bite has been ON for about 2 weeks now by the dam and staring up right by the marina. Red wedding rings/half crawler...or green/chrome humdingers